Chapter 04

Arjun opened the door of his home, shouting Ayaan and Saanjh's name repeatedly in unconcealed joy.

Finally he's home.. He inhaled the air deeply like he had been starved of oxygen.

Ayaan was with Saanjh, sitting around the dining table with Vandana coincidentally.

They looked at him in shock and then their expressions morphed into a smile. Saanjh came forward and hugged him tightly.

He let go of the luggage and hugged her back, lifting and twirling her around.

Ayaan reluctantly stood there. He went and hugged his brother silently after he let go of Saanjh. He even hugged Vandana in the enthusiasm but let her go immediately.

Saanjh and Ayan was looking at him in surprise and happiness.

Arjun, not able to hide his joy, exclaimed loudly jumping around,

“I am back.. I am back.."

“What..?" Three of them asked him at the same time.

“I said I am back.. I so missed this place. Nothing is better than coming home.."

“Duffer, you left Maya?"

A strange pang gripped his heart but as usual being the duffer he was he ignored it.

“I mean you really had the guts to finally leave her?"

They were looking at him as if he had done some great heroic brave thing.

“Yeah.. I mean.."

“Wow Arjun. I am so happy yaar.." Saanjh hugged him again while Ayan didn't seem happy like Saanjh. He stood there with a strange expression. He will ask about it later.

“I can't believe you finally left her.."

He slowly pried away from Saanjh's tightening hug and looked at them happily.

He spoke to vandana for the first time politely and voluntarily,

“I am so hungry. Can you make my favorite food..?"

Vandana was so shocked hearing him speak to her but rushed to the kitchen saying 15 minutes, asking Saanjh and Ayaan to help her.

“Until then I will go and freshen up.."

He changed into his night dress and placed his things and luggage in his old room. He missed this place.

He then went to dining table when he got the smell of food only to see them all sitting around the table waiting for him.

He dived straight to food and hummed while saying ah and ohh's in between bites.

“So...." Saanjh said.

“So....?"

“How did you make her see sense..? How did you escape from her?"

Arjun gulped down the food without answering them.

“Tell na yaar.. Anyway what are you going to do for job now?"

He finished his meal silently, pondering on how to answer them and finally looked at them.

They each said their thoughts aloud..

“Now, what are you going to do for job..?"

“Will she trouble us more..?"

“Will she give you pressure in finding work?"

“What to do for expenses now?"

”Its good that you left the job."