Chapter 13

Saanjh closed the bathroom door, after crying her heart out for God knows how long in there. It was night now and she spent sulking in bathroom ever since she saw Arjun in the evening..

Why couldn't Arjun see what was right in front of him?

Hadn't she supported him throughout his life even in his failures..?

Hadn't she stood with him all the time..?

Hadn't she done everything and gave everything she had for him..?

Then why couldn't Arjun see her..?

Why couldn't he see her love..?

Saanjh closed her eyes, leaning against the closed door..

It really did hurt her of how oblivious he was of her presence and love.

No....

She was done with this hopelessness of seeing him getting away from her.

She opened her eyes in determination.

Yes... It's time to act and she knew what to do.

She cleaned her face again and put a fresh set of clothes before moving towards Arjun's home.

She spotted the right person...

“Arjun..."

“Hey Dusky..", Arjun smiled at her after greeting her then turned towards his room, making her follow him.

That smile...

The smile which made him look like a child..

The smile she so loved.

The smile which was missing in his face ever since he broke up with Maya and now here it was...  But the smile was on his face after meeting Maya.

“Thanks for the watch, Dusky..."

Arjun smiled at her in gratitude. Saanjh smiled in victory because seeing him wearing Maya's gifted watch irked her so Saanjh spent her savings and brought an expensive watch. She wanted to erase everything Maya from him.

Saanjh's smile then flattered and vanished seeing him still wearing Maya's watch even now.

But it was nothing compared to what she felt when she saw the clothes he was wearing.. In her tension, she didn't realize he was wearing different set of clothes from what he wore before visiting Maya.

Why did he change the clothes and why he hadn't changed dress even if it was night?

“Why haven't you changed, Arjun?"

“Oh.. I just woke up from my nap and was busy with work.."

Arjun averted his eyes from Saanjh because he hated lying to her.. But he couldn't tell the truth to her that it was given by Maya and the perfume smell lingered even now and how it reminded him of how Maya was close with him and sniffed this very dress when they were in the mall.

“Oh... Who gave you this, Arjun?"

“It's nothing... Just given to me to wear for next client meeting.."

Again...

Maya....

Saanjh gritted her teeth hating the dress immediately and asked him what she came here for..

“Why didn't you return the car, Arjun?"

Arjun looked at her with his smile gone, hearing the serious tone in her voice.

“Are you angry with me for not being here full day? I am sorry I had work with new client, Dusky."

“Why didn't you return the car  Arjun?"