Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

----****----****-----

Maya Mehrothra....

Daughter of Ashwin and Jhanvi Mehrothra...

And their photos along with contact numbers.

There was not much information in it but what it had was enough for Arjun.

Ashwin Mehrothra...

Maya's father....

That guy whom he punched on some hotel when he was with Saanjh for her alliance with Jitu..

That guy who was abusing Maya.. He was twisting her hand painfully and Arjun still remembered how the prideful Maya was frozen in fear when he was twisting her hand.

That incident always troubled him..

Because something was wrong in that situation.

Maya never backed down nor was that weak. She would have slapped anyone and even yelled for help but she was so frozen and panicked at that time.

Maya just went away before he could ask about her that day and the next meeting she seemed as normal and cold as she usually was.

Now....

That guy was her father....

Arjun closed his eyes....

~~Please let me out dad...

Please dad... I will be good~~

Arjun breathed hard,

~~Hands are coming at me

Please don't ~~~

Maya's desperate begging words refused to leave his mind.. In fact they had became a nightmare of sort almost every night.

He could hear those words very clearly when they were stuck in the lift.

Everything pointed to one thing...

Maya was abused...

Maya was badly abused that she still feared things in present..

Maya had many mental scars..

Maya was not healed fully...

Whatever happened had changed her..

And Arjun heart ached for her.. It literally ached and hurt to think and imagine Maya going through all these.

Maya.....

Now Arjun understood why Maya was like that during their four months relationship.

And a lone tear trailed down Arjun's cheek imagining her pain and Arjun knelt down, the file slipping away.

Arjun clutched his shirt..

His heart hurt and there was a hollow feeling numbing his entire being..

God..! It hurt so much...

Maya was not normal and by no means what she done could be justified..

But he was no better..

He never understood her.. He never even tried to understand her..

Yes, she had restricted him..

Yes, she had been obsessed with him..

Yes, she had been weird and creepy..

But there was not a moment she had done anything to hurt him or allowed anything to harm him..