Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

---------------------------

Saanjh gulped down her nerves trying to calm herself...

Ashwin Mehrothra....

She got an appointment with Ashwin Mehrothra who media had no knowledge about.

No one really knew much about Maya Mehrothra. She was not a celebrity yet still a famous one in fashion industry and her company was still top class but she was not in any social media nor gave any private interviews.

The internet only gave information about her after she started Fashion and The City.

A complete mystery....

Saanjh might be biased or even blind to had thoughts like this but her gut feeling wouldn't go away that Maya was somehow involved in this murder.

And there was an earring....

Saanjh was fifty percent sure she had seen it on Maya but could not whether tell it was absolute truth or not..

It was not like Maya alone owned the earring nor any proof on whether the earring was in the home on the day of murder. Police was ready to close this case as suicide or proving Manav as killer.

She just had a bad feeling about this..

She didn't know why but she wanted to get Arjun away from Maya as much as possible..

So Saanjh went digging the backgrounds of the friends group..

To her surprise and shock...

Three of six were already dead and all were reported as accidents and now Jai was dead framing Manav.

Only one was remaining...

Ashwin Mehrothra...

He usually didn't meet with others but he agreed to meet her and that itself worried her. She was here so she could ask, was there anyone taking revenge on their group.

But something in her told that there's got to be some important information that must be with him.

So she took deep breathes in and went inside to see Ashwin. He limped his way welcoming her and sat on the couch offering her seat..

“Why did you want to meet me?"

Ashwin looked at the girl and knew in instant that this was Maya's last play toy Arjun's best friend.

Ahh....

All the more fun to mess with her..

He knew she was the one who's looking after Jai's case. At least someone suspecting that was a murder instead of suicide.

“It's about the case sir. Let me be blunt. You were part of a six member group friends. Four of them dead in suspicious way, no evidence nor proof of whether it was accidents or murders. One is framed and the remaining is you. Is there anyone taking revenge on all of you..?"

Oh... Oh... Oh... She had been digging a lot about the past..

Ashwin knew he could not make her dig deeper or they would know all about the sexual harassment and abuse.

He had let Maya live because she was doing a fabulous business and Jhanvi was giving him money a lot...

He had let Maya live and only terrorized her so that the fear of him might live inside her that she would forever remember him and that she would have no courage to even meet his eyes directly..