Chapter 15

Arjun waited outside the hospital room, anticipating the doctor's arrival with Maya's report. He ignored the advice of Jhanvi aunty telling him to go home..

He could feel his legs trembling and in the verge of giving away. But he stood firmly wanting to know about Maya's condition.

Just then the doctor came,

Arjun bit his lip hard enough to bleed, he didn't know why but his heart was beating fast in worry for her.

She just fainted, right?

There was nothing seriously wrong with her. He tried to repeat these words to convince himself..

“Ho-How is she doctor? It's nothing serious, right?"

Doctor looked at him strangely but turned towards Jhanvi Aunty..

“I told you already to avoid another situation like this. She would have died if she stayed like that for an hour or more due to her hyperventilation.."

Arjun gripped the chair beside him tight enough that his hand hurt..

She could have died?

Wh-what the hell was going on?

“We've given her oxygen mask for an hour so that she can breath easily. She is alright for now but avoid situations like these in future as I've already advised you."

Jhanvi Aunty nodded and they went towards doctor's cabin to discuss further about her condition while finally his legs gave out and he slid down on the floor, not caring about the others people looking at him..

Hyperventilation...

She could have died..

Arjun put hid his face in his hands and pressed his face against his knees..

Arjun couldn't hear past the words. Suddenly memories assaulted his mind...

He could very clearly remember the number of times in the four months relationship they had in which Maya always tried to hold on to his hand while they were in elevator..

He could remember the countless number of times Maya tried to held onto his hand or be near him whenever they were in an elevator. And also he could remember how he pushed her hands away every time thinking that Maya just wanted to show off to him to other people..

He couldn't believe how stupid he was...

Arjun wanted to slam his head against something for how playful his thoughts were and how thoughtless he was towards her.

He wanted to strangle himself for how insensitive he was and how cruel he had been towards her..

No matter what even if she was obsessed with him or played with him like a toy before throwing him away, she never treated him ill during the four months relationship.

She never even raised her voice in front of him. She took care of him like he was a child and even pampered him to the extent he couldn't tolerate.

What did he do in return..?

He pried away from her hold whenever she tried to reach out to him in the elevator. One time he even saw her sweating in the lift and at that time he thought she was trying to gain his sympathy..

Arjun could feel the guilt of his actions weighing his heart down. He couldn't take it anymore.

“Are you alright Arjun?"

Jhanvi Aunty asked him looking like she was going to faint. She looked like hell.

He got up from the floor and said,