Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

---------------------------

Saanjh breathed in and out trying to get herself together. It was a big day for her..

A first individual case for her..

Usually they dealt with companies and minor things yet they were a famous firm. It was their first criminal case after long time of dealing with only peaceful cases..

No one in their firm was comfortable enough to take that but she was brimming with confidence that she took it and her boss was happy anyway.

After graduating she struggled hard in the society to find a place. After joining the firm she struggled hard to be assistance to senior lawyers and now it was her chance finally to shine.

With that she came yesterday home only to find Vandana aunty threatening to commit suicide. Everything went down hill after that. Saanjh waited in the rooftop till midnight knowing Arjun would come here after calming down. But to her surprise he hadn't came at all.

Saanjh sighed and left from the terrace to her home thinking Arjun was still mad and miserable about what all happened and that he would have calmed down by tomorrow..

So she woke up earlier than usual and went to Arjun's home to ease up the situation. But the situation seemed even worse than yesterday..

For instance Ayaan woke up himself with an alarm instead of waiting for his mom to wake up. Ayaan refused to speak with her mom or to her.

Saanjh didn't know what to do as her usual antics failed to make Ayaan smile. She didn't know what she did that Ayaan was angry with her too.

Finally Aunty lost her patience and yelled at him..

“Ayaan stop being childish and eat your breakfast.."

When he refused to respond and went to pack his things earlier than usual time which he went to college, Aunty grasped his shirt,

“Ayaan, why don't you understand me? It's for his own good.."

Finally Ayaan spoke,

“Bhai is not a child. He can decide for himself. I am never forgiving you for what you have done to bhai mom.."

With that he moved towards the newspaper to kill some time as aunty seemed to block his way to door. Sannjh looked at the watch and found it' was already seven past fifteen so she moved towards Arjun's room to wake up only to find it's locked.

Saanjh knocked it and called his name over and over but she got no response so she decided to wait for a while.

At seven, forty five Saanjh and everyone was looking at the door impatiently. If he didn't get up now, he would be late..

Just then suddenly the door opened, Saanjh was shocked to find he had not only woken up but gotten all ready to office with his bag..

Arjun refused to acknowledge anyone. He didn't even meet her eyes. He just ignored everyone as if they weren't there and that hurt..

She hadn't done anything.. It's not as if she supported what Aunty had done yesterday. She was angry but she was also sympathetic towards her as Arjun and Ayaan were not speaking to her. Yet Arjun and Ayaan were not speaking to Saanjh too no matter what she tried..

Vandana aunty was brave enough to speak to Arjun after all that and said,

“Eat breakfast.."

Arjun just went past her as if she wasn't there in the home. Usually Arjun would frown and then reluctantly eat the breakfast but he just went as if no one was there and took his car keys. He closed the door with a thud before he went..