Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

----****----****-----

Maya could feel the darkness clouding her vision and she could sense her lungs begging her to take a breath.

~~~~Ashwin pushing her head into the water filled tub..

Praying for anyone to help her, to save her~~~~

If Maya could do, she would've laughed at the ironic twist of fate. Trying so hard to survive during childhood, doing anything she could to be alive when she was a child...

Now she was trying to end this life by the very own method Ashwin used..

Haven't she wondered what it would be like to drown herself when she was standing in the bridge at Venice.

To have an end to this madness....

Maya could not bear the darkness in her today looking at Arjun...

Maya had no right......

Just when she thought she couldn't take it anymore, someone pulled her out.

She was dragged to the land and Maya squinted her eyes, coughing hard since her lungs struggled to take in air.

Maya couldn't see properly who had pulled her out..

Was it some idiot who thought they had done something good by saving her.?

Maya shivered when her skin met air since she had been in the water for a long time..

Maya hoped to God, this was not Arjun.. Because she could not tolerate him seeing her like this..

No one should see her like this least of all Arjun..

“Maya...."

Maya rubbed her eyes and looked up properly,

“Samay.."

Samay.... Why? How? She could not afford to be weak in front of him. They two were like predators and one predator didn't let their guard down in front of the other.

Maya tried to get up and tried hard to stand and her legs trembled..

Many might think of her weak...

But Maya never was or would be weak..

Samay put a hand on her shoulder to steady her but Maya pushed him away and turned towards the sea again.

This time Samay pulled her by waist and tightened his grip when she struggled feebly to escape his hold.

“Snap out of it Maya.."

“Let go Samay.."

“Never Maya.."

Maya gave up her futile attempts and looked up at him. She could not let her guard down.

Samay's another hand came up and caressed her cheek to swipe the water drops..

“It's okay Maya. Let me see.."

“What..?"

“Do not pretend Maya.. I knew very well as much as darkness inside you, there is vulnerability too.. It's okay.. "

Maya slumped against him and shuddered, trying hard to breath.

Samay let go of her shoulder after a while and lifted her, walking towards the road passing by, not caring about who saw them. He let her down, making her lean against his car..

He then pulled his overcoat from his car and pulled it over her shoulders..

Maya snuggled in the overcoat, welcoming warm against her skin..

He then took the towel draped over a seat from his car and pulled it over her hair to drain it...