Chapter 12

Saanjh waited for Arjun to return from Maya's place.

She hated it...

She hated this waiting and doing nothing part.

She couldn't help but wait for him.

But looking at the time she was so worried for him..

Because he had gone just after cutting the cake. He didn't even have time to open the gifts they had given him. He had gone to Maya to return the car while his departure was not a pleasant one what with she assuming he would keep the car to himself. It was all because of Maya.

Maya....

Maya....

Maya....

It always came to Maya in one or another way. Saanjh hated how Maya still was part of her and Arjun's life.

She hated how Arjun went with Maya before four months.

She remembered the four months very clearly. She remembered how she felt each and every day without her Arjun in her life.. And two months before, Arjun even moved out of this place to Maya's flat was the hardest thing she had ever dealt with in life.

Because.....

Arjun.....

Arjun was her everything...

She just couldn't imagine a life without him..

How could she?

She loved him.. She was in love with Arjun.. She loved Arjun as long as she remembered. She knew Arjun would feel the same if he was given enough time.

Saanjh didn't confess all the time because she was afraid that their friendship won't be the same and Arjun had only her as best friend. She was so conflicted about this during her teenage life...

Then the feelings turned into love and she was so scared about it. Everyone came to know about her feelings except Arjun, the duffer. Even Ayaan came to know about her feelings.

If Arjun reciprocated her feelings then she would be the happiest girl in the world.. Who wouldn't?

Vandanna Aunty was like a second mother to her..

Ayaan was also her best friend....

What more could anyone want?

A perfect life as Arjun's wife and their families share such a wonderful relationship too..

Vandana aunty and her mom were the one who gave advice to her about waiting so that he finishes college knowing he was ambitious. He would never be in a relationship unless he got a decent job.

So Saanjh waited and gave space to him when needed and supported when he was down...

Finally the time came...

Saanjh was preparing weeks about proposing while everyone in their family was excited about it.. She knew it was the perfect time to propose because Arjun was alone and she knew he was looking for a partner..

Then all of a sudden....

Like an earthquake....

Like a storm.....

Like a hurricane....

Maya came in their life...

It was chaos.....

Suddenly her perfectly planned things and steps in their life were destroyed by Maya..

She hated how Arjun was always impressed and admired Maya when he joined the office. She was insecure at that time but let it go knowing that he wouldn't fall for a arrogant girl like her.. She knew him best.. She knew him more than anyone.