Chapter 05

After dropping Arjun in his home, she went to her room, closing it, Maya slumped down, leaning against the closed door of her room with a hand on her heart.

She didn't cry nor did she weep... Her eyes remained normal..

Because her heart wept... She clutched her shirt above her heart..

Why did it hurt...?

Why did it hurt this much...?

She felt like her heart was being cut into pieces and the pieces being pulled apart...

Oh god....!

Why did she fell in love..?

Hadn't she learned that love only hurt after seeing her mother..?

Hadn't she know that love will destroy her..?

Hadn't she ran from love all her life..?

Hadn't she kept her heart hidden and caged throughout her life knowing she alone will keep it safe..?

Hadn't she known the fact that there's no one in the world who will accept her as she was...?

Hadn't she known from her childhood itself...?

She punched slightly above where heart lay and whispered...,

Why did you fell in love..?

Why did you fell in love with him..?

Why are you hurting me now..?

She wanted to take a knife and carve the heart right out of her chest where it hurt so much...

She got up and moved towards the room and searched for it....

She pulled it from her drawer and raised it to her heart....

Mom....

If she killed herself then how could she keep her mom safe from Ashwin... Mom was all she has..

But what to do with the pain...? Any pain was better than this..

She put the knife above her left hand...

One...

Two...

Three...

Four....

She cut her hand four times...

She could feel the pain seeping her hand making the pain in heart bearable...

She allowed a slow smile on her lips in satisfaction..

These cuts grounded her to reality.. It reminded her of the pain in the hand rather than the pain in her heart..

She pushed the chairs, table, dressing table,mirror not even noticing the cuts she got on her hand, forehead and thighs..

Wood splinters were piercing her skin while she broke anything and everything in the room.

She tore the curtains, bed sheets, pillows, photos, her clothes nearby...

She hated everything in the room reminding her of the incapability of being normal...

Why wasn't she normal...?

Why couldn't she be..?

Why she was not born like normal people do...?

For the umpteenth time Maya regretted being born like Maya..

Her curtains, table, clothes everything was abnormal because she has fear of colors...