╟ Chapter 122: Teaming ╢

Start from the beginning

At that, Caesar became furious, gritting his teeth at the doctor who simply smirked in triumph at pissing the bastard even further. The scientist slammed his fist against the cube, sending another wave of pain inside Law's body.

"Watch your mouth, brat!" barked Caesar.

"That's amazing. You're still alive even though that guy's got your heart?" breathed Luffy.

"Not so sure about the last part..." you sweatdropped at the almost dead state of the doctor who laid still, heavy pants leaving his lips.

"At your mercy of your own power, Law? I'd like to know what you did with mine" asked Smoker.

"Over here! Smo-" started to coo Caesar, but was cut by Monet interrupting him.

"Master, we're ready to start the broadcast" she said.

"Oh really? Hm. You escape death, for now. Shurororo!"

Caesar floated toward Monet, who was standing beside a huge Den-Den Mushi. A board descended from the ceiling, stopping right in front of the snail. The lights in the room turned off, and the Den-Den Mushi activated to show a screen on the board. Something big and blue appeared, and you realized it was some kind of candy.

"What...is that?" you breathed.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting, distinguished brokers. The main event will begin shortly" spoke Caesar inside a mini Den-Den Mushi, his voice resonating all around you. "Little Smileys were scattered from the Blazing Lands...and will soon gather in the middle of the Frozen Lands. Once they all join together again and become the complete Smiley, the experiment will begin. Four years ago, an explosion utterly devastated this island. It was a poison gas bomb called H2S. That is what Smiley is"

" H2S gas?" repeated Smoker.

"But last time there was a problem. People who inhaled the poison were weakened but they were able to find safe places to take shelter. So I plan to give the weapon from four years ago, Smiley, a huge treat. One that will supplement the poison gas to become a flawless weapon of mass destruction. Today marks the birth of a new weapon....The Land of Death!"

At the distance, in a far corner of the screen, a huge jelly-like monster appeared and advanced in the direction of the candy. It took the form of a salamander, yellow eyes gleaming through the fog of the Frozen Lands.

"Smiley! I missed you!" cooed Caesar, tears cascading down his cheeks. "It's been three long years!"