Chapter Eight

"So, what you're saying is that you received a letter from one of our patients?" Dr. Fray asked looking at both Zayn and Chris.

"Yes, that's what we're saying. I received it almost a month ago, and I really just want to know how Ruby was able to get my address." Zayn replied

"Sir, I can assure you that there was no possible way for one of our patients to gather such information as that, especially since you said you've moved homes since you were here as a patient"

"How do you explain the letter then?" Chris asked looking at the doctor.

"I don't know, I can talk to her and try to figure out it was she obtained your home address"

"Can we not see her?"

"No, sir. Unfortunately, she isn't allowed to have visitors."

"Not even if it's her birthday?" Zayn asked, Chris glancing between Zayn and the doctor.

The doctor sighed, "Fine, but it will have to be supervised."

"Why? And how come she can't have visitors?" Zayn asked as the doctor stood up, followed by him and Chris.

They followed the doctor out of his office as he explains, "I've only been here for the past two years, but from reading the patients files, I found that Ruby only started acting differently a few months before I arrived. No one is really sure why, but I'm guessing it had to do with Miss Clara leaving and all"

They followed him down the hall, "Why did she leave?" Zayn asked, noticing Damien down the hall looking over at them as they walked.

"She was offered to be director at another hospital. She had always wanted to be director but was never given the opportunity here. Everyone was pretty happy for her, I only met her a week before she left and I took over her job"

"Are you talking about Miss Clara?" They turned around to see Damien walking with them, Dr. Fray looked at him sighing.

"Damien, this isn't really none of your business. Please go back to either your room or the day room."

"Why? I told Zayn here I could help him out in whatever he needed. I know the place like the back of my hand" Damien smiled, turning to look over at Zayn.

Chris bit his bottom lip to prevent himself from laughing, turning away. Zayn noticed and turned to look at Damien.

"That's really nice of you, Damien. But I think Dr. Fray has that covered, he's been very helpful." Zayn said, nodding his head once and elbowing Chris' ribs.

Chris groaned and turned to look at Zayn, Damien looked over at Chris then back at Zayn. "Alright, if you say so. But if Dr. Fray here can't help you out, come to me" He said, winking at Zayn before walking away.

"Wow, the subtleness of the guy" Chris said as he and Dr. Fray began walking once again. Zayn looked at Damien as he walked away before shaking his head and catching up to the other two.

Damien made his way to the front desk, resting his arms on the counter, sighing deeply.

"Can I help you Damien?" Sarah asked, raising her eyebrows curiously.

"Have you ever been in love, Sarah?" Damien asked as he took another sigh, smiling wide.

"Uh, yes, Damien. May I remind you that I've been married for nearly 25 years"

"I thought I was in love once, but it was all a lie, I was just scared then"

Sarah looked up from her computer to look at him sympathetically. "Damien, that's over. It's been over, you know that no one will ever hurt you that way again."