Chapter Twenty ; Epilogue

Here we go.

——————

Zayn woke up from being in a coma, two days after he had been disconnected. He was confused as to what had happened to him, and really couldn't give any details as to how he had ended up the way he did. He could explain to the officers what happened in order for him to become unconscious and for them to find him the way they did.

It was all a blur to him, he felt as though he was going to be no help because of it, but the officers assured him that even if he couldn't remember at the moment, Tyler had confessed to everything. He knew Zayn was weak and he knew that because he really wasn't feeding him like a normal person should be eating, he was severely dehydrated, which made him decide to knock Zayn out and leave him locked up without food or water for a few days. Once he knew Zayn wouldn't possibly survive through that, he left him for dead.

More than likely Zayn would be sent to see a psychiatrist to try to help him remember what had happened, so that the day of Tyler's trial, Zayn would be able to testify against him if necessary.

Liam refused to ever leave Zayn's side the entire time, stating that he was never going to be apart from Zayn even if his life depended on it. Which worked out in Zayn's favor, since he demanded Liam and him have a serious talk about what had happened the last time they had seen each other. As well as them needing to discuss where their relationship was really heading and if they were both serious about it as they were when they began.

When Zayn suggested that if Liam didn't feel the same way for Zayn has he had before that there would be no problem with Zayn signing the divorce papers if Liam really wanted it that way. There was no way he was going to stop Liam from moving on and trying to be happy on his own, and trying to get his life together without Zayn in the picture.

Liam practically slapped him for even thinking that's what he wanted. He didn't though, because of Zayn being in a hospital and all that, he would have if it hadn't been the case, he said so himself. He said that they probably needed to communicate more, which was something both of them rarely did since they got married. Maybe even try couples counseling, if Zayn really wanted to try to make their marriage work after all the crap they had been through.

Neither of them were too excited about the fact that they would have to see more people to help them out, Liam already needed to see a therapist and two other doctors to help him maintain his good health, Zayn having to start seeing a psychiatrist plus start getting regular check ups with his main doctor after he went medically untreated for so long. Adding a counselor to the mix just seemed too much for them, but if they didn't at least try their relationship would only go down hill from there.

Despite all of that, they were happy just to be together again, and deep down they both knew that nothing would ever come between them again. They were Zayn and Liam for god's sake, best friends, high school sweethearts, they couldn't possibly live without each other even if they tried.

The first thing they did after Zayn woke up was give each other the most passionate kiss they've had in a long while. Crying and holding on to each other for dear life, until of course, Dr.Winston had to pry Liam away before he took Zayn's breath away and put him in a coma all over again. Test after test was performed on Zayn, all of them clearing him from any danger. He was still a bit dehydrated and malnourished but that wasn't something staying in the hospital for a few days couldn't fix.

The doctor also made sure Zayn started to take his medication, to avoid any hallucination episodes to happen again. The only person felt safe telling about Ethan and Liam, the hallucination was well, Liam, of course.

He told him how they kept him company and basically gave him the strength to not give up. Told Liam about how he made sure Tyler believed Zayn was in love with him, that way Tyler would begin caring for him in return so he wouldn't dare hurt him. Of course, it didn't work hence the situation they were in at the moment. Liam listened and paid attention to everything that he had to say about his hallucinations, Zayn seemed to believe that those hallucinations were probably what helped save his life.