Chapter Fourteen

It's been an entire two months.

Two months.

Two months since Liam was admitted into the hospital, and two months since Zayn admitted himself, and what did that get them?

Absolutely nothing.

After finding out that the three other little boys who had been kept hostage along with himself and Noah had been murdered, he couldn't help but feel guilty for it.

So, Liam's solution was to keep to himself and try to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Of course, this meant that he'd avoid Zayn at all costs, he even requested to be moved to a room as far away from the rest because he didn't want to be near people and only focus on his wellbeing.

Dr.Fray saw nothing wrong with that and approved the move, but it only made Zayn and Liam much more distant.

Zayn felt heartbroken, he tried to hard to always try to see Liam, he learned Liam's schedule and would sneak off to try and get just the smallest glimpse of his husband, but whenever he did, his heart would break and he'd have to walk away. Knowing that Liam didn't want to be near him was a lot, but seeing him completely okay with it and not as broken as Zayn was, was much more heartbreaking.

Zayn became close to Noah, he became protective of him. Took on a parental role when it came to Noah, he'd make sure Noah was always okay and that nothing bothered him or upset him. Noah was still so young and Zayn wanted to be able to help him have a better life, a life in which he wouldn't be identified as the boy who was kidnapped or be recognized for what he went through.

In a way, Zayn was trying to make up for the fact that he wasn't always there for Liam, and wasn't much help. He's trying to make things right, and he believed that by helping and being there for Noah, he was doing good, mostly with the fact that Noah was just like Liam and went through what Liam did. Zayn hoped that by caring for Noah, he wouldn't feel as guilty for not helping Liam.

"Zayn, have you maybe thought about the fact that maybe Liam isn't avoiding you?" Noah asked, as they were seated out in the garden playing chess, which Zayn had no idea how to play.

"What do you mean?" Zayn replied as he looked up from the board to Noah.

"Well, if you think about it, Liam came here not doing well at all. He needed as much help as he could get, he wasn't doing okay mentally and emotionally, so maybe he's just been receiving so much help he doesn't have time for anything other than his time with the doctors and therapists"

"Huh"

"Seriously, truly think about it. You willingly admitted yourself in here but you're more than okay. Your reason for coming here was that you just couldn't go back home and needed help with your health as soon as possible. Which, is a lie because all you needed was your medication but you decided to come here to be close to Liam."

Zayn bit his bottom lip nervously but didn't say a word.

"Liam on the other hand, he really needs help, and a lot of it. So maybe he's not avoiding you, just trying to get better." Noah shrugged as he looked down at the board, beating Zayn for the sixth time in a row.

"I guess you're right."

"Who's right?" Damien asked as he sat down next to Zayn, rather closely I might add.

"Noah."

"About what?"

"Noah says that Liam isn't avoiding me just probably busy getting better" Zayn said nodding his head.