Chapter Eleven

"Liam?"

Liam looked over at the therapist he had been assigned to, he honestly couldn't remember his name, mostly he didn't care to.

"You've been staring out the window for ten minutes. Want to tell me what you're thinking?"

"No, not really."

"What's bothering you?"

"Nothing"

"It can't be nothing, there must be something bothering you"

"What? Just cause I'm a patient here automatically means there's something bothering me and or there's something going on?" Liam asked, a bit annoyed

"No, I'm just saying because it's your first day here and you don't want to talk, so there must be something bothering you. Being sent here, probably"

"You know what bothers me? Not being able to be or see my husband. He's the only one who could help but no, instead I'm here talking to a complete stranger who has been faking trying to get to know me and understand me."

The therapist, Dr.Sanders, just stared at him.

"Can I go back to my room? I'd rather be there than here, no offense."

"What if I told you, I could help you out with your husband situation?"

Liam looked at him, squinting his eyes slightly, "How?"

"Well, I can place him on your visitors list, and since you're an adult, we don't have to give out information on who comes to see you if anyone asks. Even your parents."

"What's the catch?"

"What makes you think there's a catch?"

"Please, there's always a catch. My husband has always said 'don't make a deal with anyone until you know every single one of their conditions and only ever accept if it benefits you'."

"He says that? I'm guessing he does a lot of deals then."

"No. But he's smart."

"I see." Dr.Sanders looked at Liam before nodding. "Well, if I do that for you, you must come see me at least once a week, to try and help you improve."

"Figured." Liam said crossing his arms over his chest. Honestly, Liam just wanted to leave because he didn't really want to come see this so called therapist once a week, but he also didn't want to miss the opportunity of seeing Zayn.

"And you must join an activity."

"An activity? Like what?"

"Well we have groups here, art, music, dance, which I've heard is thanks to your husband, book club, yoga, poetry. You name it"

"Thought this was a mental institution, not a country club"

"It's a not an asylum, Liam. And it's more of a rehabilitation center really. We don't want our patients to feel like they're miserable here, we have many activities to help improve patients' health."

"Got any sports?"

"Sadly, no. We don't have sports in fear of our patients getting injured."

"None of those peak my interest."

"Then I guess you can go back to your room, and your visitor list can continue to consist of just your parents." Dr.Sanders stood up and made his way to open the door for Liam.

Liam stayed seated before turning to look over at him, he stood up and made his way to the door. "I'll do any activity that involves writing, except poetry." With that, Liam walked out of the room, to see Wes waiting for him. He was escorted back to his room, once there he laid in his bed, hoping that Dr.Sanders took that as a deal.