Chapter Six

"I'm starting to think that Zayn doesn't care for him as much as he used to" Liam frowned as he overheard his family talking in the dining room. He stayed in the hallway so he could hear what else they would say.

"You can't say that when the poor guy has also been through so much, they both have. How do you expect him to put aside his own health to help Liam recover in the fullest" He heard his sister, Ruth tell his mother.

"You don't honestly believe that do you?" His mother replied.

"Mom, you can't honestly be serious. Zayn has Paranoid Schizophrenia, you can't go around saying that Zayn's health isn't important. Besides, what's your deal with Zayn? Do you forget that you and our family weren't the only ones suffering while Liam was missing? He felt the heartbreak too, and also, you used to love Zayn so much and would go to him for comfort. What changed?"

"Everything changed, your brother changed, Zayn changed, this family changed, nothing stayed the same. Did they honestly believe that going back to normal as if nothing even happened was going to be the best thing? Hell they got married as soon as Liam graduated."

"They've been married for four and a half years, mom! Stop trying to make decisions in their relationship, you might be Liam's mother but you stopped having the right to decide for him the second him and Zayn said 'I do' in front of their friends and family."

Karen stared at her daughter who got up from her seat, "Now I suggest you let Liam make decisions for himself, if he wants to go with Zayn and be with him, then hell he can do so. You'll always be his mom, but stop treating him like a kid. I'm sure the only reason Zayn told you to take Liam was because you basically threatened him before leaving, and yes he told me because you and dad seem to be the only ones that don't like Zayn apparently. Your daughters love him and have been in touch with him so much, he texts us everyday giving us an update on Liam. Bet he doesn't do that with you, wanna know why? Because he can tell you don't like him."

Karen stayed quiet and looked away from Ruth and looked at her hands on the table instead.

"Your son is in love with him, mom. I think it's time you do some growing up. I'm sorry for saying all of this and for hurting you if I did, but someone had to say it. Isn't that right, Liam?"

Liam's eyes went wide and he slowly peeked into the dining room, his parents and Ruth looking at him. He slowly entered the dining room avoiding his mother's glance. He sighed and sat down where Ruth had previously been sitting.

"I need to confess something." He sighed, finally meeting his parent's eyes. Ruth gently rubbing his shoulders, he took a deep breath before speaking.

"I actually haven't been going to see my therapist. I haven't been going for the past two years. I pay her to say that I am going and to not tell anyone about it. I don't know why she said what she did, it's not true. Zayn helps me more than anyone and he's the one that has always been there for me. I might not tell him everything or how I'm truly feeling but I don't need to because he takes care of me no matter what."

"Liam"

He shook his head at his mother before continuing, "The one hour I'm meant to be at the therapist, I walk to the nearest park and just sit there thinking and wishing that I could change everything that happened to us all. I write in a journal and keep it hidden, even from Zayn. The only one who knows I don't go with her is Niall, which is why he was listed as the one person to obtain information. He's the one that goes once a month to give Dr.Villa the payment to not say anything."

"Liam, how could you do that? Knowing well that you need to be going to therapy to get better and recover" His mother said, looking at her son disappointed.