Chapter Four

Liam was honestly very confused as to why Zayn wanted him to go live with his mother, and why he wasn't allowed to have a say in it.

Currently, he was helping his mother and father, carry boxes with his belongings down to their car. He wasn't going to take absolutely everything he owned from the house, just things his mother thought he needed.

Zayn wasn't there, he had texted Liam saying he was sorry and it was for the best. Liam didn't understand what Zayn was talking about until his mother and father arrived and told him he was going to live with them for awhile.

To be honest, Liam didn't wanna go, he wanted to stay where he belonged, with his husband in their house. Except, no one seemed to care what he wanted and was treated like a child at the age of 24.

"I believe that's everything." His father said as he finished loading the boxes into the car. Liam stood by him, looking over at his house, his and Zayn's home.

"You know this is for the best." His father added.

Liam turned to look at him, upset, "And who the hell said that leaving my home and my husband was the best thing for me? Who in their right mind thinks they know what's best for me better than I do?"

"Your therapist" His mom answered as she approached them both.

"To hell with her, she's the one who hasn't helped me much, why aren't we blaming her instead of Zayn?" Liam crossed his arms over his chest, his parents sighing but not answering.

"Go lock up, and make sure to leave your keep under the mat. You won't be needing it for awhile." His mother said before getting into the car with his father.

Liam huffed but did so anyway, he could honestly just run inside, lock himself up and refuse to open until everyone agreed he could stay there. But honestly, what was the point? Everyone had already made a decision for him, all thanks to that good for nothing therapist.

Once Liam was in the car and his father was driving off from their home, Zayn's car drove past them. Liam quickly turned around to look at him, noticing that Zayn was upset, he looked heartbroken. Yet, Zayn hadn't been able to look at him for more than a few seconds.

Liam felt like crying because who does this to someone? Not care about what they want and make them basically suffer.

"You know, this feels a lot like when I was kidnapped and being held against my will."

"Liam.."

"It's true and you know it. Both of you. I clearly don't want to leave my home and my husband but here you are, taking me away from that, against my will."

"We are only doing it because we care. And besides, Zayn was the one to call me and tell me to take you away."

Liam stared at the back of his mother's head, the he did not know. He thought his parents had convinced Zayn to allow them to take him away, but never did he imagine that Zayn had been the one to make that decision for him.

Liam didn't say anything for the rest of the ride to his parents. He cried silently, but his mother caught him. She truly felt bad, doing that to Liam, but when a professional tells you that what's making your son's mental health worse is his husband, you'll do anything to keep him away.

"We're home." His father said as he parked in the driveway.

"You're home. This isn't my home." Liam whispered, looking out the window.

"This is your home, Liam. It always has been and always will be."

"Bullshit."

"Liam James Payne, you know better than to speak like that to your mother." His father said quickly turning around to frown at Liam.