Chapter Thirteen

"As was basically just a kid, I didn't think I was going to get out of there alive. Especially after you escaped. But when they made it their priority to try to find you, they didn't worry much about those that they still had." Noah said as he told Zayn and Liam about his own experience being held hostage.

"We wanted to try to escape whenever they would go out and look for you, but we were all terrified. Scared that if we even tried, we wouldn't make it out alive."

Liam looked at Liam, remembering his time in that same basement.

"What are you doing?" Noah whispered as he saw the guy that wasn't kept separate from them doing something to the chains.

Liam didn't turn to look at him, "Trying to get these off"

"You do realize that you'll never be able to do that?"

"You don't know that. I've been trying every day, I'm positive today will be the day I get out of these."

Liam kept messing with the chains, Noah watching carefully. The other boys staying away, not wanting to be any part of whatever he was doing, in case he got in trouble and they decided they all needed to be punished for it.

"You know that's a waste of time and-" Noah was cut off by the chains falling against the floor. Liam rubbed at his wrists as he stood up and made his way to the gate that separated them.

Just as he was about to try to pick the lock, they heard a truck outside. Liam quickly made his way back to the spot he was at, placing the broken chains on his wrists and laying down, with his hands under him to hide the fact that they were broken, pretending to be asleep.

Soon after, one of the men opened the basement door and made his way down. He examined the room, before making his way towards the boys, none of them meeting his eyes.

He then turned towards Liam, who seemed to convince him that he was asleep, the man made his way back upstairs and closed the door behind himself.

Liam sat up, all of them quiet, waiting. When they heard nothing, Liam decided to stand up again and try to pick the lock, being as quiet as he possibly could.

"Don't do it." Noah whispered as Liam struggled to pick the lock. Liam looked at him, then at the three boys behind him, probably around the same age.

"Get out of here, I know that if any one of us are able to make it out of here and get help, it's you. You're much stronger than us, you'll make it far. If one of us, or all of us try to, we'll get caught."

Liam looked at him sadly, "I can't leave you here, if they see that I'm gone then they'll try to hurt you. I can't risk that."

"Be the hero we know you are." One of the boys said, Fernie, who was the youngest of them all, only 11 years old. "We'll be okay."

Liam teared up, shaking his head, "I can't leave you here. I'm risking your lives by escaping."

"We'll be okay, we've made it this far." Noah said, smiling lightly at Liam. "Now go"

Liam hesitated but nodded nonetheless, he hated leaving them behind but he needed to get help, because who knew how much longer they could take the torture.

Luckily, the basement door was unlocked, something he wasn't expecting. He slowly and quietly opened it, and looked around. There was no sign of any of them men, so he slowly made his way out of the basement.

He made his way down the hall, and towards a door that seemed to lead outside, as he walked he looked around to make sure no one was around. It seemed way too easy.