Chapter Seventeen

A/N: I know I never add these at the beginning of the chapters but for this one I felt it was necessary.
First off, the guy in the picture is (if you guessed correctly based on the last chapter) Tyler.
Also, this chapter feels much longer to me than all the others before it, so I hope that's okay, mostly because we're nearing the end.

I said I would be uploading on Fridays but I start school up again tomorrow and decided that what better way to start the new semester than spending my last day of break writing a new chapter. So you're getting an early update, also so I can focus completely on school the first week back and not fail you by possibly not giving you a chapter due to being busy. Kinda owe you for the whole losing the last chapter and then having to figure out a way to put it back up and all that too.

I'm thinking of making the last chapters just as long as this one if I am able to do so. I can't promise anything but I will sure try.

But anyway! On with the chapter, since there's gonna be another one of these at the end of the chapter. Enjoy!

OH! And before I forget I'm not sure if a trigger warning is necessary but it's just in case. ♥️
———————

Zayn woke up gasping for air, after freezing cold water had been thrown on his face. "Listen, Zayn. As much as I hate saying this, I kinda need you alive. And for that, I'm gonna have to treat that nasty infection starting in your thigh."

Zayn looked down at his thigh, tried moving it but the pain was unbearable since the wound hadn't been treated at all it was now infected and would only get worse.

"Don't you worry, I'm not gonna cut off your leg or anything" Tyler chuckled as he looked at Zayn, "I'm not that crazy"

"Yeah right" Ethan muttered, Zayn glancing glanced to his right.

Tyler followed his gaze and smirked, "Who's talking Zayn?"

Zayn turned to face him but said nothing, simply stared at him until Tyler got tired of looking at him and walked towards a table on the other side of the room.

Zayn's mouth was dry, he hadn't eaten or had anything to drink and he felt incredibly weak, the wound wasn't helping either.

"You- you never told me why you did what you did" Zayn whispered as he closed his eyes and laid his head back against the post.

"Ah yes, actually you would know the reason if you had been at my trial five years ago, but because you refused to be at attendance I guess I'll have to tell you now" Tyler walked back with a syringe in his hand, crouching down to be at Zayn's eye level once he was in front of him.

"You didn't deserve to leave so soon" He began as he leaned over and stuck the needle near Zayn's wound making him wince, "You weren't there for even six months, and you were being released with flying colors. And I didn't think that was fair at all, there were patients there that had been there for years and weren't going to be released any time soon. I just wanted you to stay longer so you knew what it truly felt to be alone in a hospital with no one who cared or loved you"

He finished giving Zayn the dose of what Zayn could only imagine was either an anesthetic or an antibiotic, and got up to walk back to the table.

"From the second I saw you, I knew you were the type of person to always get what you wanted, to have always had a happy and fullfilling life, and I didn't really like you for it. I made it my mission to make sure you stayed there as long as possible."

Zayn opened his eyes and noticed Ethan and Liam staring at him then over at Tyler, "Of course I ever imagined you would get released so soon. If I had known, I would have started giving you the wrong medication from the beginning instead of your last day."