Chapter Nine

"Zayn, what are you doing here?" Liam asked once again, a little louder that time.

Zayn looked over at Chris before turning back to Liam, "I came to visit Ruby"

Liam frowned, "Ruby? The little girl you met while you were here?"

Zayn nodded while biting his lip nervously.

"So, you're telling me, that after five years of absolutely nothing, you finally decide to come see her? Without even letting me know?" Liam sounded hurt, more towards the end.

"I-" Zayn looked over at Liam's parents before turning back to Liam. Liam turned to look at his parents.

"You knew he was coming here?"

Both his parents shook their heads, Liam facing Zayn once again.

"Answer me."

"Liam, baby" Zayn sighed before stepping toward Liam, placing his hands on his cheeks, their foreheads touching.

Upon seeing this, Damien frowned and turned to look at Chris, "They're together?" He whispered.

Chris gave him a quick glance, nodding once before turning back to Liam and Zayn. "Married, actually"

Damien clenched his fists on his sides, before stomping away, everyone unaware of it.

"I got a letter about a month ago, it said it was from Ruby but it was to our address. Something she can't get. So Chris and I came down to see her and ask her about it. She says it wasn't her, and she proved it by comparing her handwriting to the one in the letter" Zayn quickly explained. "I couldn't tell you, well because there was no way of contacting you and I wanted to get it done as soon as possible"

Liam frowned as Zayn explained the reason he was there but he truly believed him. "You could have told Ruth"

"I know, but I truly believed it was Ruby who sent it and since it's not, I'm worried now. For both of us"

"Okay that's enough. Dr.Fray, would you please show Liam to his room" Karen said, breaking Zayn and Liam apart, Zayn surprised at what he had heard.

"You're going to be a patient here?" He asked looking at Liam, "Why didn't you tell me about this? How could you just bring him all the way down here to get admitted, without telling, oh I don't know, his husband?" Zayn turned to Karen, who didn't reply.

"I had no choice." Liam answered.

"No, you're coming home with me." Zayn said as he took a hold of Liam's hand in his.

"Zayn, he's already been admitted. You can't just take him." Dr.Fray explained.

"Yes I can, I'm his husband and I didn't sign those papers. His parents don't have the right to do that." Zayn said looking from Liam's parents to the doctor.

"They have just as much right as you do."

"Then that means Zayn being the husband can deny the admission" Chris added as he walked over to his friends. "Zayn can refuse to let Liam be a patient here"

"Sadly, not this time. Especially when he literally just came in. Now, please let him go, I need to take him to his room." Dr.Fray said taking a step close, Zayn immediately standing between him and Liam, not letting go of Liam's hand.

"Zayn, please. Don't make this difficult" Dr.Fray sighed.

"No. He's going with me. What kind of hospital doesn't let the spouse make decisions for their partner?"

"One that already has the permission for the parents and their signatures. Now, I suggest you let go before I take it upon myself and call security."