She explained and I nodded understanding.

"I don't play half ass games..I'm getting too old." I added and she busted out laughing at my face.

"Girl you been playing along for forever, you barely let niggas text you, Ron is controlling you and you don't even realize it."

She commented but I disagreed.

"I choose not to, I'm not scared. I keep it simple with how many guys I let get my number."

I told her as I went to my messages and showed her the four simple guys I texted on a friendly level and she looked at me shocked.

"Shane is sexy as hell, how'd you get him?" She asked reading our conversation.

"He met me in the breakfast hall, he took the last orange and I damn near cursed him out." I laughed and she shook her head smiling as she still read through the texts.

"He's cute in a weird way." She stated and I agreed, he wasn't weird to me cuz we liked the same stuff, but Nina just like dope boys.

"Yes Ron?" I answered his FaceTime. "Damn you wasn't even gon call a nigga back?" He asked and I shook my head.

I took a seat in the kitchen and picked up an oatmeal raisin cookie and bit into it.

"You didn't even congratulate me or anything, you just got jealous ova' little shit." I added as I bit into it again.

"You ain't give me a chance." He defended and I rolled my eyes.

"You had enough time but you were worried about one simple thing I said, guess that was more important." I said with a shrug.

"Here you go." He stressed, "Here I go, you ever think you are the cause of the arguments? I don't be doing shit but chilling by my lonesome B, you got da game fucked."

I announced mocking his lingo and he licked over his lips and smirked. "That's my bitch!" Nina cheered before she walked towards the bathroom.

"You got dat." He said staring at me with this unreadable face. "I always do." I added picking up another cookie.

"Ma?" He called and I looked at him. "Was da' song about me?" He asked the question I hoped he didn't.

"How's life on the dark side?" I questioned changing the subject and he laughed.

"It's cool, answer my question." He demanded and I winked at him.

"Mind your business." I said and he eyed me. "I think I need fuck dat' new attitude out of you." He said calmly causing me to choke on my cookie and he busted out laughing.

"Asshole!" I shrieked wiping my mouth and hands off. "Nah but for real.. was it?" He asked again and I bit my lip nervously.

"Can I answer when I'm done working on it?" I pleaded. "I guess." He mumbled lighting a blunt and I watched his movements closely.

"I miss you Tanya.." he revealed catching me off guard some. "You just told me you was having sex with some random two weeks ago."

I said mad confused.

"So?" He stated and I rolled my eyes. "I got love for you and you kno dat.. I miss you and I can be a man about my shit."

He said as he took a long drag of the blunt. "Six seconds.." I thought to myself as I counted how long he could inhale the blunt.

"You miss me?" He asked and I pretended not to hear him.

"My dad wants me to meet him after the anniversary of my moms death.." I spoke softly as I looked at the chain around his neck.