Chapter 74

~5 years later~

So to sum up my life right about now. I'm single. I have a kid. I'm still in an apartment. So you're wondering. You're single?!? Yeah. I am. Jack and I broke up after a huge fight. We thought it would work, I don't know why we tried after the first breakup. Jasmine usually comes over and takes her to see Jack our fight was that bad. Zoey is always asking question about me and him. She's so curious, I don't get mad though, she's just wondering. She's 5 now and going to kindergarten. She's not like most kids. She actually enjoys school, sometimes she even fights me to leave it. Zoey has never thrown a fit with me before, over anything. She's never really cried over anything only when she got hurt or lost her favorite toy but nothing silly. She's a good kid. I'm working at a small job to hold us over so I can afford rent, food, other essentials and goodies here and there. My life has pretty much turned out good just being a single parent isn't the best thing. Zoey loves Logan and Jake and they are great to her, me and them have had up and downs but they are amazing. Bella and her have become best of friends considering Bella is about 3 years older. Jasmines live turned out pretty well. Her and Zach are still together so that's good for them. She's actually on her second kid, let's see how that goes for them. Alanis and Jonah have started dating and I agreed to let Alanis be the godmother to Zoey as I am now the godmother to Bella. Logan has ended up finding a model and told me he's thinking of proposing to her soon, finally after one year, and Jake and Erika are a real real thing. I mean all the boys are off living their own life's now but not once have they all dropped contact. Not even with me. Sometimes i'll get phones calls asking how I am. Oh! Christina and Corbyn are married (oh future) and i don't know about kids for them. Gaby and Daniel actually ended up dating and nothing 'interesting' has taken place I guess you could say. But my life. My life. It's great.
~~~

Zoey and I walked in the door from picking her up from school. I walk to the kitchen as she follows. I sit her up on the counter.

"so how was your day baby girl?" I ask grabbing a cutting board from a cabinet near the floor.

"good!" she says smiling.

"tell me all about it" I say grabbing fruit for the fridge and grabbing a knife.

"we drew. learned shapes. number. and all stuff" she laughs.

"that's cool" I says cutting some fruit while smiling.

"mommy?" she asks in a different tone.

"yes baby?" I say moving some fruit off to the side of the cutting board.

"do you miss dad?" she says playing with her hands.

"of course. At times honey" I say grabbing a bowl putting the knife in the sink.

"do you ever think of him?" she asks.

"well yeah. All the time." I tell her putting the fruit in a bowl handing it to her planting a kiss on her nose.

"hey! My friend wants to come over. But u wanna meet parents first so I told them meet us at pizza shop is that ok?" she asks as I place her back on the floor.

"of course. today?" I swear she's so independent.

"yes!" she says skipping to her little table.

"and did you tell them a time?" I ask with a laugh.

"mhm" she says taking a bite of an apple slice.

"what time?"

"30 minutes!" she says. I look at the clock.

"ok hurry!!" I say laughing.
~~~

We pull up to the corner shop and get out. We find an empty table and sit down at it.

"oh!" Zoey says getting excited.

"close your eyes!" she smiles as the bell to the door rings. I cover my eyes with my hands and she helps me get up from my seat.

"ready?!" she asks excited.

"yep." I say smile.

"ok..." she says as I feel another presence in front of me.

"1...2...3!!! Open!" she says jumping.

I take my hands away as does the person in front of me.

"Lola?!" A familiar voice says. As it all took a moment to process in my mind what was going on.

Jack.