Chapter 10:The Sand Planet:Part 1:A Desert Picnic

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Louis

  I'm at the Captain's Wheel,surrounded by the octagon full of panels, buttons,levers,and other technology that is The Command Center.Octavion is at the middle of the starboard,staring at a giant planet encased in a maroon colored fog.

  "And what the Hell is that?"inquires Octavion as he points at the planet encased in the maroon colored fog."That is Ottoman B,"I reply with joy."The poles of the planet are dense jungle,with the rest being vast expanses of deserts and oceans.Only place you'd find life there is either beyond the shores of the ocean and the jungles at the poles."

  And with that being the case,the deserts are a wonderful place to have a nice little picnic.All to ourselves...

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Tor

  We're three floors below the deck as I knock on K'vellia's bedroom door."What do you guys want?"she asks after she opens the door."We need to get to the deck,Louis has got a new adventure for us to have a blast on,"chirps Khrysalis.

  "Jesus,I need a shower.I'll be out in a few minutes."This is K'vellia's answer right before she slams the door on us.

  "You guys coming up to the deck for that new adventure Louis has?"questions a familiar voice.

  Sally!Cecilia,Khrysalis,and I turn our heads to the left to see Sally quietly calling down the elevator that will take us up to the stairs needed to get to the deck...

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Octavian

  The Maiden lands in the middle of a vast desert as Khrysalis,Tor,Betty,Cecilia,and Sally burst out onto the deck."Well it's about time,"says Louis as he strides towards us with a cube-shaped picnic basket made entirely of black wicker.

  "What's today's adventure?"asks Cecilia with a smile."We're going to have a picnic with a few margaritas on Ottoman B!The Sand Planet!"replies Louis."Octavian!Contract the ladder...!"

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Betty

  We hike pretty far from The Maiden,so far that from my current view of the ship,it's nothing but a dot in the distance.The wind blows the sand about the the massive sand dunes as we hike up and over the massive hills of sand.When we find an ideal spot on top of a large dune of sand,Khrysalis lays down the down the red picnic mat decorated with water lilies.

  We all sit on the picnic mat as I open the black wicker picnic basket and take out empty of all it contains.Triple decker sandwiches,a short and fat bottle of Jamaican rum,a bowl of caesar salad,a bowl of sliced watermelon,and a few shot glasses.Along with two cigars.

  I hold the two cigars for Louis to see.Louis takes them from me and sticks one in his mouth after he says "What can I say?I'm a smoker."

  "As if Louis couldn't be more obvious,"jokes Sally as she pulls the cork out of the bottle of rum and fills up six shot glasses with rum.Khrysalis and Tor joyfully laugh.

  After we finish eating the sandwiches and watermelon,we drink our shot glasses of rum after we said "CHEERS!"

  After we've drained our glasses of rum and laugh a bit,we a loud and abnormal movement of sand coming from behind the sand dune next to the dune we're having a picnic on.

  And,being the adventurous,anti-villainous space pirates we are...we run to investigate...

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Sally

  As we come around the gargantuan shape of the sand dune,we see something that puzzles us.

  A sand golem.A massive hulking human-looking figure made of pure sand.Maybe about 6 feet 7 inches.It turns and fixes it's sandy eyes upon us.

  And,as usual,it charges at us.

  "I got this guys!"shouts Khrysalis as he charges towards the sand golem.Khrysalis leaps into the air,ready to bring the blade of his cane sword down onto the sand golem's left arm.But the golem simply uses it's left hand to quickly slam Khrysalis into the sandy ground and pummels him with it's fists.

  Between his yelps,Khrysalis screams "GUUYYYSSS!I REALLY DON'T GOT THIS!I REALLY DON'T GOT THIS!HEEELLLLPP!!!"

  An arc of lighting flashes down from the sky,and hits the golem right on the head!The sand golem's head disintegrates into the sand,and a few seconds later,so does it's body.

  "Weird,lightning only happens during Spring on Ottoman B,and it's Winter!"informs Louis."Guys!Look!"I shout."Up there!"

  On top of a sand dune to the right of us,a hooded figure stands and watches us.We all look a bit closer,and see....K'vellia!

  K'vellia then says "I don't appreciate being left behind..."

Next Chapter:The Sand Planet:Part 2