Chapter 7:Don't Look Left:Part 2:Lux And Amy Get The Guts

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Amy

  "Amy Amy,my dearest 10 year old sister,where are we going?"says my 8 year old brother Orville,in a quiet voice.His white hair is outmatched by his black jeans and the long black coat that reaches down to his ankles.He always was tedious about buttoning all the buttons on his coat,even though the buttons stopped at his knees.His black shoes are the opposite to his extremely pale skin,but his head and face are shaded and covered by a decently sized sunhat.

  He then fixes his lime green eyes upon me,awaiting an answer.

  "Orville Orville,my dearest brother,we're going to The Fire Dance as always,"I reply."But I wanted to see if your classmate wants to come along.He's always looked a bit lonely."

  It's 4:26 as we walk along a high grey wall that separates a backyard from the sidewalk and the street.Across the street is another sidewalk,a sidewalk that allows you to walk beside a decent sized forest.

  "Do you ever wonder what it's like,to be an outcast?"inquires Orville as we walk towards our destination,31 Tulip Street."No,I actually haven't,"I then adjust the straps of my scarlet dress and look down upon deep tanned skin and my red shoes,awaiting for Orville to continue the conversation.

  "Well,we all perfectly know I'm an Albino,"states Orville."I've always been considered an outcast,a monster,a psycho.Not a day has gone by where I walk through the streets of Paris and see the faces of everyone around staring at one person,The Albino...me.Hands hiding their lips as they whisper words of hatred and disgust to their little friends.I have always been regarded a monster,and I always will.But one of these days,I'd like to go up to them and ask,why are you afraid of me?What the Hell is there to be afraid of?You know why?"

  "Why?"I ask,edging him on,it's rare to hear him speak.

  "Because under my skin,under your skin,under everyone's skin,we all have something in common,flesh.Warm red flesh.Under the skin,we are all red.We are all the same,beautiful color...red!"

  "Damn,that's deep,"I say,amazed as 31 Tulip Street comes into view."Something isn't right,"says Orville as he walks faster.His right hand reaches into a pocket and returns to view,flicking out a jackknife.

  He whirls around and slashes at something right behind him.What was it he slashed at?Thenow torn and bleeding left sleeve of the prissy,brown haired,blue wearing neighborhood bully,Simone!

  "UGH!STUPID ALBINO!"she shouts."Not as stupid as you for your idiotic attempt to sneak up on us,"I retort.Simone tries to bring her arm down upon Orville,but he easily catches it and brings his left knee to her stomach.She falls to the ground in pain.Orville deals one last blow,a hard slap to her face.

  "Isn't it bad to hit girls?"I ask as we walk once more,leaving the monster for dead."That thing over there was not a girl,"Orville replies."It was a monster."

  "May I ask another question?"I plead.

  "OK"

  "Orville,why don't you like to be called Lux?"

  "I hate that name,"he says curtly,he fixes another gaze upon me.Sometimes,his gaze really scares me.I don't exactly know why.But those eyes,those hypnotic lime green eyes,they really give me a shiver.

  Those eyes are his windows into the outside world,but they can also be the door to his soul, who he is.I think he acts a certain way on the outside as a way of conforming and coping with the dehumanizing madness of the monstrous,beastly creature that is given the name,Society.

  But somewhere inside,deep within the armor that is his behavior,there is a happy little child.A little child that is beautiful and happy,but only if he stays within himself.He's scared of the outside world,I do think he is.I really wish something could be done about it.But I guess time is key.

  "I really hate that stupid name,"he says curtly once more.

  "Well,let's not worry about that now,"I chirp happily as we approach the door of 31 Tulip Street."We're gonna get the guts to ask Augustus to come out and play with us at The Fire Dance!We're gonna get the guts."

  And with that,Orville knocks on the door...

Next Chapter:Dream Sequence