Chapter 9:Don't Look Left:Part 4:Doorway

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Augustus

  It's not weird for me that I awaken from a nightmare that horrifies me almost to point of death.What is weird is when I awaken from a terrifying nightmare without screaming.And that's what happened,I heard not a single scream come from me when I awake.

  What I do hear,is knocking at the door.

  I rise forth from my bed and dress myself in a black long-sleeved dress.I then use a pair of scissors and manage to cut the sleeves off of the blue leather jacket that I found earlier.I finish putting my jacket into place on my body as I walk to the doorway of my bedroom.That's when I see Cecilia heading for the the front door...

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Cecilia

  I was about to finish another chapter of my hardcover book when I heard a few knocks on the front door.I went to the door and opened it to find two kids on the front porch.

  Orville and Amy.

  I saw them both a few times once in a while,and I can only recall talking to them once.

  "What do you guys need?A cup of sugar or something?"I ask."Oh...hello Cecilia,"replies Amy. with a smile."We were wondering if we could take your brother on a little adventure.

  "May I ask where you're taking him to?"

  "Oh,a very safe safe place in the woods."

  "Hmm,OK,"agree I.I slightly turn my head away from them and shout to Augustus."AUGUSTUS!Some kids wanna spirit you away on some adventure bullshit!"

  "OK!"he shouts back.A few moments later,he rushes out of his bedroom.He's clad in his black long-sleeved dress and his giant blue leather jacket,which he cut the sleeves off of.

  Augustus's plain expression turns into joyful one when he sees Orville.From under his large sunhat,Orville smiles ever-so-slightly.

  "Could you please get him back by 9 PM?"I plead,in a sarcastic tone."Oh,I assure you Cecilia,he won't be late,"says Amy with a cheerful smile as they walk down the pathway that leads to the street.When they reach the street,I close and lock the door.I walk back into the kitchen.

  Finally,I can have some time alone with my books.

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Present Day Cecilia

  Khrysalis,Tor,and I are walking through the vast art gallery in one of the many rooms on one of the many levels of The Maiden.As we occasionally glance at the hundreds of beautiful paintings with origins not yet known,I tell them the story of the day Augustus told me to not look left.

  I'm about to pipe up again about what happened when Augustus came home, when Louis's voice blares through intercom hidden somewhere.

  "You three down there!You guys should really come up to the deck with everyone else!There's a planet that I really wanna check out!Also,could you get K'vellia up here too?Thanks!"

  "Well,K'vellia's room first,and then The Deck,"says as we walk towards the the entrance and also exit of The Art Gallery.

  "Sounds like a good plan to me,"I say cheerfully...

Next Chapter:The Sand Planet:Part 1