Chapter 6:Don't Look Left:Part 1:31 Tulip Street

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Tanya The Recurring Female Narrator 

  It's a crisp afternoon in the outskirts of Paris during the November 10th of 1899.9 year old Cecilia Bernard is walking home from school with her 8 year old brother,Augustus Bernard.It's just the two of them walking along the cracked sidewalk as Cecilia checks her stopwatch to find that it reads 3:08PM.School ended three minutes ago.

  Cecilia's brown hair is tied back into a ponytail and is dressed in a blue jacket,white collared shirt,a blue knee length skirt,and is carrying a blue schoolbag that is slung over her left shoulder.Both of them wore laceless black shoes.Augustus has his black hair cut short.He has on a blue jacket,white collared,blue pants,and is also carrying a blue bag that is slung over his left shoulder.His nails are painted orange.

  It's at 3:10PM that they walk along a high grey wall that separate a backyard from the sidewalk and the street.Across the street is another sidewalk,a sidewalk that allows you walk beside a decent sized forest.

  "It's 3:10 now,can I go into the forest and change into my dress now?"asked Augustus.Cecilia permits him to do so,as this is a daily occurrence after all."Don't look left,Cecilia.Otherwise you might risk seeing me change."Cecilia turns her head to the righting,as usual when he does this,and gazes at the lines of the high grey wall.

  You see,besides being really quiet,Augustus is gay.He likes his nails painted orange and whenever it was just himself,or Cecilia and himself,he would change into a sleeveless grey dress that reaches to his ankles.You know why?Because this is who he is.This was who he truly is.A boy that likes to wear a dress.

  The sad thing is that he has to hide who he is from society.For fear that society will not like him.For fear that society will hate him.For fear that society will send it's demented demons upon him to bully him until there is nothing to bully.

  But Cecilia is special.Though she is the only one who knows about his secrets,she is the safety for the beast that is escaping from the hunters.She accepts him for who he is,she accepts the true Augustus.

  Augustus returns to Cecilia a few minutes later.Everything about him is the same.Except now, his school clothing packed safely in blue bag,and he is now wearing his sleeveless grey dress that reaches to his ankles.They began walking again.

  "I saw this new boy at school today,"says a joyful Augustus."He looked very nice,he was pretty.""That's nice,did you say hello to him?"asks Cecilia."No,I was too shy,"responds Augustus."Cecilia do you think Mommy will be home?"

  "Of course not,"she replies with confidence.Their mother worked at a factory further in town from 7AM to 8PM.And their father has rarely been seen during their lives.He could only be doing one of two things.One,getting wasted at some local bars.Or two,in jail for some sort of crime.

  It's now 3:35,just 5 more minutes before they arrive at their home,31 Tulip Street.The simple,all yellow,one story cottage that is,31 Tulip Street.It was 4 minutes away from home that Augustus finds a very nice looking blue leather jacket."Look Cecilia!I like this jacket!"exclaims Augustus.

  "Keep it then,"responds Cecilia.Augustus tries it on,and while zipping up the jacket,realizes that the sleeves reach a little bit beyond his hands."The sleeves don't matter to me at the moment,"chirps Augustus."I can cut them down to size when we get home..."

Next Chapter:Lux And Amy Get The Guts