CHAPTER 36: Olivia

The room is white and chilly. I can see my breath comes out from my mouth. I wrap myself and walk across the room.

It looks familiar.

I hate this dream. Why am I having this dream? I hear a sobbing sound behind me and I turn.

Olivia.

She's squatting down covering her face. Her white skirt hidden from waist till her toe. I walk slowly towards her and carefully bend down. Her blonde hair was shiny and straight. Everyone loves her hair. It is as smooth as silk. I bend up again and look around.

What is she doing?

When I turn at her again, I was expressionlessly shock.

Why are you looking at me like that?

Her stare confuses me. I've seen that look before but I don't understand why she always give me that look when both of us know what had happened was not my fault.

"You could have save me DK!" She screams. "Why didn't you?" She screams again. Her eyes were red, bloody red. A bloody wound tear from her left side of forehead across down to her chin. "WHY!"

I stare at her back immobile. I look at her with pity but cold. I don't want to repeat myself over again. I've been through this before and I know I'm not at fault. Her fingers run up to my thigh and clenching my jeans. She looks desperate but her eyes fumed with anger. It looks like she's mad at me but I know she was angry not at me but to him and herself. I've warned her before. Before all of this happened. I grab her fingers and pull it out of my jeans. I let go off it and take a step back, she lands on her body with her palms and still looking at me.

"You leaving me again?" She says.

I don't intend to answer that question. I want to wake up. What should I do to wake up?

"Are you leaving me again?" She screams again.

I quickly take a few step back avoiding her reaching hands. She crawls towards me with anger and messiness. Her white skirt turns red. The bottom of the skirt covered with blood and it continue flowing covering the floor. She pushes herself with her waist and crawl with her hands and elbow.

"Come here DK!" She yelled.

I don't want to be here again. I want to leave.

I quickly turn my back and run. I run straight with no direction nor path to follow. I just run. Her voice echoes through the room. The room seems has no end and the voice become louder as far I run. I turn to quick look, there to my horrified I see her crawling inhumanly fast towards me. She pushes herself with her palm and her waist as her leg and support.

 I yelp with horror and run faster. "You are not running away from me DK." She giggles. "I wouldn't let you." She continues.

Let me out of here. I scream in my thoughts.

I see a dark space in front of me. There was a door but I only see darkness inside it. I turn again. She's getting closer and it's clear that she is not satisfied with me. She calls my name again with a croaking voice. I continue running towards the door. It feels that the door is running away from me and Olivia is catching up. I start sweating but I don't think I am. I reach my hand out as if I was calling the door.

I run and continue running. I can feel that Olivia is just right behind me. The moment I jump towards the door, the gravity disappear and I find myself floating away from the door. I take another look off my shoulder and Olivia is swimming towards me despite the zero gravity. My eyes widen and my heartbeat spike up. I scream in horror, kicking into the air trying to move away from the approaching nightmare. I reach out my arms, grabbing out the air but I'm not moving even an inch yet Olivia is approaching even closer.

I force every of limb to move, grabbing, reaching, kicking into the air. Every second I spent trying to move forward, Olivia squeals in excitement as she gets closer. I take a deep breath and kicking as hard I can to move forward. I kick every direction possible and push my body upwards. Olivia's squeals sounds so close, it frightens me. Making me lose my sense of direction, panicking me. My heart rate increase, my blood pressure increases. Tension grew in my face and limbs. My breathing become more rapid and shallow, suffocating me. Desperate, I scream at the top of my lungs. Screaming for help.

The world collapse in a matter of seconds. The white room turns pitch black. My screams echoes endlessly in the empty room. The white room behind me has gone and so does Olivia. But I'm not save yet. I'm not awake yet.

I hear someone talking. It was soft but clear. It becomes much clearer as the person appears in front of me. I stare at her, she's beautiful. The gravity returns and I fall down to the floor fast, chest first. I yelp in pain. My throat dries from the run and my eyes twitch. I feel tired but my mind wouldn't let me rest. Olivia, notices me and walk towards me. Once she stands in front of me, she kneels to have the same eye level with me. Her eyes, blue like the sapphire stone but they are glazed with emptiness. I raise my chin as I stare in those hollow eyes.

I miss her.

She give me a broad smile. I wonder what lies behind that smile.

I open my mouth to speak but I stop when I see her smile changes. I withdraw myself from her but I know there's nothing I can do. She hunker in front of me still with a smile. She tilt her head a bit and gently reach out to my face. She caress my cheek with her fair, slender fingers.

"I miss you, my dear friend." She spoke. "I miss you from the day I lost you."

You never lose me. You were taken away from me. I had lost you.

"My dear friend, what had happened?" she asks. "Why these happened to me?" She croaked. "To both of us?"

I stare deep into her ocean-blue eyes. Don't you remember dear? What happened? He took you away. I did tried to help you. I warned you about him but you won't listen. I kept telling you.

He's DANGEROUS. He hurt you. Tortured you. Slaughtered you. You were no longer able to escape when you followed him that day. You know I am right.

ELPIDIOS: The Heir Must Survive - A Zombie Novelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें