CHAPTER 28: The Lost

I shut my eyes, holding the shield. With the force attacks on the shield, I started to waiver. I take another breath, deeply inhaling the air, as I collect my energy. Refusing to let the undead to success in penetrating the perimeter. I can't risk the chance of them finding our whereabouts. I turn to look at Violet again. Vee. I whisper in the darkness and ache.

I can feel another attack from the invisible shield. My head becomes numb and it signals every neuron to become paralysed. I become to lean forward as my head slowly reaching the floor. I reach out both of my hands, stopping myself from failing. I can't fail now. I strengthen myself for the upcoming attack. As I suspected the attack becoming rapid. I bring my knees up and wrap my hands around them. Slowly my head falls on them. I squeeze the fabric from the part of my jeans. As the attack continues I unleashed another huge psychokinetic wave.

I stay by the Hummer, waiting and holding my strength to hold the forcefield. I squeeze my eyes as it shut down tight. I bit my lips and count to 3. I let out a sigh as I burst another kinetic wave. The undead keep coming. It's shocking how so many people had turn to the undead. They keep coming like they were attracted by the forcefield.

The morning begin as the sun make its appearance. Shining the earth making a new day. As the sunlight covers the corner of the earth, clearing the darkness, my astroprojector-self stands in front of the undead behind the shield. I look from my astroprojector-self's eyes, scanning the undead. They stands in front of me, staring like they can see me. They keep on hitting the shield repeatedly. It's like they are excited to see me. They gnarl, they sneer, they growl. I turn when I feel the heat behind me. The sun finally fully appear. I try to block the sun but the sunshine pass through my transparent body.

I shift back to the undead. For then I see it, it's a glimpse. A short glimpse that shatters me. I saw him. That torn shirt, bloody with flesh pour out, ripped khaki black pants, twisted joint. He standing there among the undead, outside the transparent shield. Reaching his broken, bloody fingers towards me. Shaken to the familiar face, I fall to my knees.

McCoy.

I whisper and it barely even felt like a whisper. My breathe chokes in. I hold it as I stare to this familiar face. For the first time since the zombie apocalypse I begin to break. I break hard. My eyes still lock to the face but my breathe and my body begin to react opposite than I am. I am breaking. I start to sob. I heavily gasp for air, choking every oxygen molecules shoving in as I gasp.

My astroprojector-self sit there on the street facing the undead, paralysed. The sunlight continues shining, casting every shadow away.

I lean forward as I bow and touch my head on the cold tar, feeling slightly relieve. My lips curl as my face facing the black tar. With a loud exhale, I return back to my solid body. My slumps on the floor as I scream silently. My body shake uncontrollable. I curl on the floor by the Hummer, crying, sobbing.

After holding the shield all night long, I finally let the strength disappear. I curl inwards, holding my burning head. I can feel the tears damp my face. The snog, the saliva, covers my face as I lay down on the floor.

I can't do this. I can't do this. I lost so much already. WHY?!!!!!!!!

WHY ME?

WHY?

WHY?

WHY HIM?

WHY HER?

WHY?

WHY?

WHY?

Tell me why?

WHY THEM?

Why do you have to take them away from me?

I don't ask for much. I only love few. Why do you have to take them all?

Even I don't make a sound as I cry, my reaction still attracts someone. Slowly, I feel a warm yet gentle touch across my forehead, my crown. Violet wipes my tears away with her palm, shove my hair aside. I could feel the coldness and wetness scrub through my face with a soft and smooth cloth. Even with my sobbing and gasping from crying I can still hear her voice whispers through my ears.

"There, there. We will go through of this. We will. You still have me. I will stay by your side and we will go through this together."

I turn my body facing her. I raise my body upwards and wrap both of my arms around her waist and lay my head on her lap.

"Vee, I can't do this. I thought I can. But....

I can't. I don't want to do it anymore. It's all a lie. LIES!"

Violet leans down and places her head on top of mine. She carefully touches my head and lets the hair run through her fingers. She shifts aside and lay down on the floor behind me, shoving near her body to mine. Her arms reaches out and wraps around my body.

"We will get through this. You're the Elpidios Heir."

"The Heir Must Survive."