Chapter 5: Headaches or Signs

"DK!" Violet's voice echoes and it rings though my ears. I try to reply her but her panic give her a better judgement. After placing me on the chair, she rushes across the kitchen to her bag-pack. "I'm going to call the medical team." Her voice shakes and hoarse, like she's trying to hid her tears. I scream at from the kitchen, refusing her to call the medical.

"I'm fine Vee. It's just a headache." I try to persuade her from contacting any help. I push my front hair away from my face and fix my pony tail painfully. My body aches and my shoulders stiff. I try to stand on my feet and look at her on the other side of the room. I can sense that Violet is nervous. She runs back into the kitchen with her micro, afraid that I will collapse again.

"I'm fine. I am." I assures her. She looks brooding and it pains me to have Violet looking at me like that. Violet quickly goes through my cabinets to find my medicine. The medicine that doesn't exist in this house. The medicine never helps. It only give me headache and horrid nightmares. I'd thrown the pills long time ago. I don't need it. I ask Violet to stop what she's doing and ask her to help me make a traditional herb tea.

"What?" She asks.

"Herbs. Traditional medicine. It helps me to calm down faster than the medicine." I point to the second cabinet from the left. "The doctor gave approval when I ask for a better medicine."

"Okay." She nods repeatedly, hurry to prepare the herb tea for me. She moves like the time is catching on me. Like if I don't take this tea quickly, I will die and it frighten her so much, she sweats more than she should. It takes her several minutes to prepare my tea and when she hands over the mug, her hand shakes so much, I was afraid that she would spill it all.

I thanked and she moves to wash the leftover dishes. I can hear her soft sobs behind me when I take my first sip of tea. My heart sank as she tries to hold her cry. I take a few sips before she finishes. She removes the gloves and place it over the sink. She then slides beside me. Her eyes redden and her puffy check blushes. I put down the mug I hold and place my right palm on her heated cheek.

"I think it's about time for you to go home." I break the silent. It angers Violet as she shoot up from her seat.

"NO!" She shrills. I squint over the loud pitching, rubbing my eardrum; in pain. "I'm not leaving you." she pushes my hand away. But I can't afford her to see me in this condition any longer. I still remember how frail she was when I had my first break down in Adelaide. It was horrifying even to me. I thought I was going to die. Next thing I knew, I was already in the Intensive Care Unit. Violet was the one who discovers me and her screams was heard in every corner of Adelaide Palace. Even the glasses and windows shattered and cracks over her high pitch scream.

"Violet," my voice trails. "You have to go home."

"NO!" She refuses. She kneels down and out her small hands on my lap. "I don't want to lose you." She whimpers.

"You're not going to lose me." I pat her head with ensurity. I pull her up and seat her back on the chair. I smile at her with every energy I have left. I caress her cheek, pushing her sideburns to the back of her ear and clasp my hand on hers.

"I'm going to take a rest. You can stay, but once I wake up, you have to return home. Okay?" Violet nods softly as she wipes away her tears.

"Good. Do whatever you want here. There's not much on SPT, but you can use the WiFi to search any play." I begin to stand up despite my legs are shaking.

"Where're you going?" Violet immediately steps forward, closer to me with her arms wrap around my shoulder.

I push her arms away and start to walk, staggering out from the kitchen. "I want to go to bed." Violet follows me slowly as I make my way towards the bedroom. As we enter the room, she gasps aloud to see the piles of books towering in the room.