CHAPTER 16: My Worst Nightmare!

"Anyway," He moves in front of me for better appearance. I raise my head up to face him and our eyes collided. Honestly, I've never been this close to a man before except with Darroch. The look that this man gave me right now reminds me of my possible fiance. "Where exactly are you from?" he asks.

"Far."

"How far?"

"A place where you will find it hard to get in." I turn to look at Violet when I state that statement. She's still apart from my position. I look at her hoping that she can hold this a little longer. The base is no longer to our refuge. Whatever happen now we can never return back, all we can do is to stay alive. To keep on living until we get home.

"Hey, we might can help you get back to your parents. Its not like I'm a bad person." He tries to comfort me. He clears his throat when I didn't answer back.

"You're DK right? I'm Taylor. Taylor Child." As he introduces, reaching out his hand.

"Nice to meet you Mr Child." I grab his hand and we shake hands. "Can I know, what do you call them? The infected one."

"Infected?" he asks.

"Yes. Those people that turn on us. What do you call them?" I asks again.

"We call them Zombies." He answers with a hind of confusion. "That's what we always call them." He says again.

"There are more of them back then?" I sound so shock that it makes him frowns to my question. Hopefully it doesn't reveal my hometown even more.

I turn my face to Violet when Quichburd starts to walk towards her, I immediately leave Taylor Child approaching to Violet. "Where are you heading to?" John Quichburd asks to Violet.

Before Violet can replies. I reach out from the aisle, followed by the young man.

"We're leaving, Violet." I said.

"You're not from around here are you?" He asks. Both Violet and I turn to each other. I shifts to face Mr Quichburd and answer his question.

"Yes. We're not from here but we're leaving now."

"Why? We should stay together to beat this attacks from the Districian." Mr Quichburd stares into my eyes. There's anger and grudge in his eyes that gives me uncertainty. From the very first moment, I've already sense an insidious feeling around him. I move towards Violet without removing eye contact with him. As I reach Violet, I sweep her off her feet and begin to walk away from the group. I stare to the black guy straight to his eyes. I know he feels threaten, before he could say anything, I sense a movement a floor beneath us. A screeching sound and sounds of fallen things. My body shudders in horror. I can't see them yet but I can feel them moving around.

I shriek, as I look behind me. "Zombies." I whisper. Violet puzzles to my call of the infected, she looks around to see if there's any zombies wandering around the floor. Maybe they heard us, or they were nearby from the very beginning. Why can't I sense this much earlier? Damn it!

"DK?" She calls when she doesn't find anything.

"We need to move. I think they know we're here. We have to go now." I said as I put Violet down.

When we start to move, one of the zombies reached on our floor. The boy screams, alerted the zombie. We sprint immediately away from the coming zombies. We run towards the back room. I glance over my shoulder to see the coming threats and surprise to see the entire floor is now filled with zombies. I look over to find Violet as I run but the stumbling items blocked my view. I didn't notice when the group got separated into two. I follow the group to the left while trying to avoid the items that begin slamming down on the floor. We turn to another corner towards where ever is safe. I was startle by a zombie that leaps from a blind spot on my right. I leap my feet off the ground and grab onto the zombies shoulder and tumbling over him.

"Bloody!" I yelp as I reach to the ground and continue running behind the group. A zombie leap towards Taylor but with my quick action, I manage to swing a metal pipe to the zombies head, twisting it's head. I reach out for Taylor instantaneously, getting on his feet as we run for our lives.

"That is one hell of a swing." Taylor compliments in his breathe.

"How can you still think of that at times like this?" I scold. 

"Hey, when you see someone swing like that, you just have to appreciate it. Having the moment, you know." He continues.

"No I don't know." I yell back.

"I thank you for saving me." Taylor thanks as we run.

"Why shouldn't I help?" I reply as we run side by side.

"Well, not everyone will think of the others." He says again.

"Yeah? Maybe I should leave you just now." I answer.

"What?"

"I'm just joking." I smiles. We run across the corridor following the people in front of us. As we turn into another corner, I want to run straight but Taylor grabs my left arm and hauls me into a room before locking the door behind him. I turn away from Taylor and begin to scan the room to look for Violet. I turn back to Taylor with distorted expression. He tries to figure my facial expression looking through my eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" 

"Did we got separated?" I asks with bulging eyes. If I'm not asking for my sister whereabouts right now, I might be standing and wondering like an idiot. Did I just lost my sister? "From the rest of the group?"

"I think so." Taylor answers after scanning the room. Realising the number of people has decrease.

DID I JUST LOST MY SISTER?!!!

_________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for the long hiatus. As you know from previous chapters, I inform to you that I was taking my big examination. 

But I'm back now. I hope you guys enjoy the story.

Keep on reading.