CHAPTER 2: A Hint

You have 5 new messages. Please press the play button to listen to the messages.

I press the play button and let the messages play from the speaker as I run around the room to dress up.

Message no1. 07:16 BEEP!

"Hey? McCoy here. You're coming? Mr Trans will be having his breakfast at Alaistair around 7.30, he was wondering if you can join him. I think it's best to discuss the proposal there. Call me back."

Message no2. 08:43 BEEP!

"Edelweiss?! Where were you? We missed you at Alaistair. Mr Trans and I were very concerned. Is everything alright? Call me when you get this message or the one before."

Shoooooot! I stomp my feet on the floor repeatedly scolding myself. I missed the breakfast. I am now properly dressed, with a light facial, grabbing my keys and bag along with the documents and files as I try to put my boots. I press the stop button and rush out my flat, run down; out the building towards the parking lot, unlock my Hummer and shove the documents and files at the back seat, before jumping at the driver seat. I place the micro on the radio speaker as I start the engine. It roars and within second, I drive out the parking lot into the levitate platform. It helps push up the car into a stable levitation before I can manually levitate the car in the channel.

I plane the Hummer into AS12 line heading to the cross-district tunnel also known as Diandre Tunnel, before taking a route towards the construction site 3 miles outside Area 2, overpass the Bervin Wall. Bervin Wall was built in order to separate Elipidios boundary and the Continental region called Kanse region surrounding the entire district which consist of flat, dry, deserted land over 50 miles before you can discover any town. Which doesn't make any sense if you want to keep the non-Elpidian from coming in illegally. It will take me always an hour to get to the tunnel, as I rush to the site, I resume the message.

Message no3. 09:00 BEEP!

"Edelweiss! Are you serious? This is so not like you. You don't pick up your call, you're nowhere to be found. Are you in your stay? Do I need to get someone to your stay? Okay, you're worrying me right now. If you get this message or any of other messages, call me!"

Message no4. 09:30 BEEP!

"Edelweiss, where are you? You're not at your stay, I tried to call your micro many time, you're not at the office, and you're not at the site. Is this for real!"

I pause the voice recorder and quickly order the Vruzka system to connect me to McCoy's micro. After a few rings, the call connects. Before I can say anything McCoy's voice roars in the car, surprises me so much, it almost make me go off the track.

"You want to explain it to me?" McCoy's worry voice heavies

 my heart. "Where were you? We tried to connect to your micro. Fail. We tried calling your home. Fail. I even sent someone to your stay." His voice getting louder. "NONE! No answer. No calls. It's like you were gone." McCoy's voice shakes through the micro. "Tell me NOW!"

"You nag like an old lady." I reply.

"Don't give me that tone! I don't give a damn care if your father is the Chairman of the Company or your grandfather sits on the Elpidios Supreme Court. You don't scare the shit out of me like that!" he screams. "Where were you?"

"Okay, okay." I try to calm him down. "You didn't call my father by any chance right?"

"Are you going to tell me where were you this morning?" He screams again with a mix of furious and worrisome in his tone.

"I'm sorry." I apologise first. "Don't get mad okay." I say.

"Where were you?" he asks again, this time his voice tunes down and he waits for my reply. I can hear his breathing over the micro. McCoy is a man in his forty that has been working alongside my father for over 20 years now. He's like a family. He's my middle guy when it comes to handling problems with my family and the Company and it goes for my parents too when they wanted updates about me. 'Did I take my medicine? Did I do well at work? Have I got myself into any scandal? How's my relationship with the Darroch. Et cetera, et cetera.' McCoy is a wonderful man that I can trust my life on him but I'll be forward that I can never be honest with him when it comes to my nightmares.

"I overslept." I answer nonchalantly.

"Come again?" McCoy sounds disbelief.

"Serious. I woke up in the middle of the night and I forgot to reset my alarm." I explain.

"Did you have a nightmare?" The thing about McCoy, he knows everything about the secrets of Edelweiss and certainly knows about my condition. He helps when he can but I hate it when everything that I do will go back to my trauma. It's frustrating.

"Not really." I lie.

"Did you take your medication?" He asks calmly and the anxious voice disappears. He does handle my episodes better compares to my parents. They tried but I never let them in anymore and more importantly, McCoy is a person who can't simple gives this to other person so I guess he gets used to it already.

"Medication? What for? No worries McCoy. I don't have any nightmare last night. It's a rough neighbourhood, I was awaken by a loud noise only." I lie again. My voice gives a slight tremor, something I can't escape when it comes to lying McCoy.

"I'll prepare the medication and something for you to eat when you reach here." I can hear he sigh under his breathe. Something he always does when he spots my lie. "What's your eta?"

"I haven't reach the tunnel yet." I inform. "I'm about 40 minutes to the tunnel."

"You should have taken the helicopter." McCoy sighs loudly. "Alright. I'll see you then." He then hangs up.

 10:10, DATE 6th MARCH 2249

DAILY LOG

Have you ever watch classical horror? The one that call 'Before I Wake'? My nightmares felt like the nightmare that the kid suffers. They became real, maybe not immediate but it will be come true. After the girl in Abigail, a girl was involved in a hit and run few days after I woke up. I had a dream of her getting hit. She was walking on the pave way in Caldefryn where ground vehicles are still in use and I saw the blue car that hit her, 17 hours before the accident happened. The man cut in half died from Bervin Wall construction site accident, 6 months after I was discharged. I dreamt his death prophecy the day before the accident. Not all were nightmares and dreams, this thing doesn't have a single pattern and always different. It can be like a weird vibe that gives me agonizing headache or makes me feel so uncomfortable, I puke every few hours. Other times, I just feel something bad is about to happen and  something extremely bad did happened.

Does last night nightmare tried to tell me something? If it does, my IQ doesn't help me connecting the dots.

___________________________________________________

How is it so far? 

Hope you enjoy the story so far. If you like this kind of story, please stay and continue reading. If you like a sisterhood action story, do stay and keep up with the update. I hope it entertain you like I do when I write the story.

McCoy

McCoy