CHAPTER 18: The End of My Good

No! Don't touch me. VIOLET!!!

"Just come with us and leave her." He screams as he pulls me towards him and away from Violet.

"No!" I try to push him but his grip was too strong for me to yank it back. "Let go of me!" I scream and begin to kick him.

He pulls me up on my feet and carries me to the truck. "Lets go!" He screams.

I look at Violet as she lies near the door where the zombies kicking and knocking the door off. I reach out to Violet and scream her name. Begging her to wake up. But she didn't. "VIOLET!!"

"VIOLET!" I scream as my throat can bear, lungs shoving out the all the air, pressing my thoughts, focusing on moving her a little, begging her to move. As my hand reaches out and my mind concentrating on her, thinking on pulling her towards me as moments I was dragged away from her.

"Get in there." The man keeps pulling me towards the truck and tries to push me in it. No matter how strong I try to release from his arms, I failed. No, please. Violet! "Take her with me. She's not a liability. She's stronger than you think. Please save her!"

I see the zombies making a hole on the door and reaching their thin bloody arms out to Violet. I begin to freak out and frantically losing my mind as my eyes glancing at the venomous arms. "Stop! Let me go!" The man pinches me on the truck's floor and gets on top of me. I try to break free but he was too strong.

"SHUT UP and forget about her." He swings his palm across my face, leaving a sharp sting and burning blood rushing on my cheek.

"No!" I whisper under my breathe as I struggle in his grip. My eyes pool up with tears and my nose begin to run. I clench tight my teeth, taking a deep breath before I swing my legs high, trying to lift myself up . The lady with a son has reaching out to me to carry me on the truck. With anger, I swing my hand and side punch her on the face. She falls back inside the truck and doesn't get up again. "Get the FUCK OFF of me!"

I kick the man on his face and when he falls backwards, I rush down the truck but before I can even touch the floor, the black man grabs me on my arm and tries to pull me in again. I swing myself and let out a punch to him so strong, I think I broke his nose. "Let go out of me, you bloody shit." I run towards Violet and pull her away from the door immediately.

I manage to pull away before the zombies able to touch a single hair on my head. I turn to see the leaving truck, Quichburd climbs up on the truck and spits out some blood before entering into the front seat. "You'll be sorry." He cries as I watch him drove away. I hold Violet's head and raise it up as I carry her in my arms. I move as quickly as I see few zombies are heading my way from the loading bay. I carry Violet through the door at the end of the garage where the operator room placed. Into the room then passing a tunnel leads to the cooling room. I can hear the noises the zombies make and I shudder inattentively.

I examine Violet's head. She has a bruise on the side of her head and a bump on the back of her head. Her pupils also dilated and she isn't responding to my calls. I can hear a louder noise from outside the cooler room. I quickly move away the boxes on the floor and shove Violet's body under the shelf. I cover the hiding place with boxes, hidden her. A multiple snarls echoes from outside flinches me. I don't have much time.

As the zombies get closer, my scar feels like acid burns. I hold it tight and clench my knuckle. The pain didn't stop there. I feel like my head is about to explode. My vision starts to get blurry. My eyes are twitching and my hands are numb. I couldn't feel my legs.

Thump. Thump.

I can sense them coming. I let out the silencer from the sided pocket of my back and screw the silencer on the gun. Sssccccrrrreeetttccchhh.....

Not now. A throbbing sound echoes in my head. I try to stand but I don't move instead I clench the gun tightly. They're coming. I force myself to stand and shifting the gun to my right hand. I wobble myself out of the cooling room and wait the zombies to come. I see one as he glides his way towards me. His clothes was torn, his guts and intestines were spilling out. His left ankle was broken and bite marks all over his face and neck. He raises his arms reaching out for me in every second he heads towards me.

With blurry vision, I raise the gun at him and aim. My hand stutters as I raise it high. I close one of my eyes and shot. Bulls-eye. Another one come and I shot it too. As my head getting heavy, I lean to the wall and sit on the floor. More and more coming and I keep shooting at them. However, they don't jump towards me at once. They just snarling and hissing at me from the end of the room.

I fix my sit and stare to them. Their faces are hideous, bloody and hungry. I continue firing to them. I could hear more of them coming. Footsteps and wall scratching, sounds of roar and snickering. It seems as if they are waiting for a crowd feast. My head is getting numb and dizzy.

Clattering sound is heard.

Banging is sounded.

The time is alarming. I can no longer stand nor see clearly. The zombies make hungry sounds as blood flowing out of their mouth. The sharp fangs shown and their long bony fingers reaching out to me. I swear, I will die if there's no miracle.

DIE

I don't want to.

What about Violet? What is going to happen to her? What happen to her if I'm gone?