CHAPTER 33: I'm Here.

All of them shrieks and climbs few steps back. They stop at the closses floor and jerk inside the hall from the exit door. They reach at the ground floor and try to run towards the entrance door. But before they can reach it, they turn back when a group of skeleton looking creatures jump from the wall and stop them.

"This way." A man cried heading to the stairs at the middle of the front hall. Violet was far behind them, she slips and when she tries to climb back to her feet, one of the creatures grabs her by her shoulder. She drops her shoulder back showing her neck.

Violet nectar shows pulsing veins and sweat. The creature's mouth widely open as the fangs near Violet's neck. To Violet surprised, she though it will be over for her soon. She screams to her lungs calling out for me.

"DEEE... KAAAYYYY"

Before the sharp fangs able to pierce through the skin, a spear pierce the head of the creature. The creature flew back hitting the others behind it and hang onto the entrance door from the spear.

Violet falls and hits her back. She lies to aside and flinched on her elbow. Charlie runs towards Violet and quickly grabs her. He helps Violet to sit and turns Violet head to aside. He relieves to see no marks or scar on her neck.

Violet pushes Charlie away to see her sister standing on top of the stairs;

I was furious and fill with anger. I walk down the stairs heading towards the entrance door to get the spear back. The creatures step back to give me a way. Everyone was surprised to witness the skeleton creatures stop at their position.

Violet stares at me with question and relieve together. I reach out to the spear and pull it out hard from the door. All of them gasp as I manage to pull out the spear out from its deep pierce.

I walk back to Violet with fury and anger. I shove Charlie away and grab Violet on her right arm and help her up. I sneer to see the bloody socks on her feet. I swing my spear around as I turn my back. The creatures take one step forward and stop. They stare at me coldly.

"You dare try to hurt my sister." I say to the monsters. "I WILL KILL YOU." My scream echoes.

Everyone else gasps to that warning. They feel the anger bursting out from me and fear runs in their blood as they're watching my back. They feel their hairs standing up from their skin and the chills spread through the room.

I turn to see Charlie standing beside beloved sister. What is he doing here? My glare startled him. He tries to smile but flinches back when my eyes doesn't show any sweetness to his appearance. We were indeed friends back in University of Elipidios, but now is different. I care less about his gratitude on smiling to me, I have bigger problem to concern.

How the hell are we going to get out from this mess?

Looking the surround, perking my way through the possible way of getting out, I release my thoughts from my mind and fly through every empty spaces I could find. I see the exit door on the floor above us, it can lead to way out.

"Is this all?" I ask to Charlie.

He turns around him to look at the others. He turns back on me and nodded. I turn to look at the creatures. They are hovering themselves and waiting. I have no idea what they are waiting for. Invitation to treat?

I slowly turn to the staircase as I lead Violet up the staircase follow by Charlie. I turn myself to the corner of the stairs and swing the spear I hold above my head and hit one of the crawling creatures. I sneered as it fly across the hall. Violet has her eyes glue on the creatures. She gasps when they started to attack on a lady in the group. Violet grabs my sleeve tightly and frowns with fear.

Everyone flinches and start to run before me. But they stop when the floor above the stairs had numbers of zombies. They turn their back on me and look scared. I snag away my eyes from them and continue walking holding Violet near me.

When I reach to the floor, I calmly stare at the zombies. Filthy and disgusting. More disgusting compare the bony creatures. Those bloody hands are not allow to come near me nor my sister. I will not simply allow it.

I look at the men and realise the loaded weapon in their grip.

"Why don't you shoot?" I ask to the men holding their weapon. They look at me unsure.

Irritatingly, I snatch the weapon from a man near me. He's in an age of early twenties, has dark hair and hazel eyes. He was crunching his face and if we are not at the end of the world, I would say he is rather handsome. I have to bring Violet out from this place. He jumps when our skin touch. I look at him with the corner of my eyes. He quickly grabs his hand closer to him and rubs the place where our skin touched.

I turn back to the zombies ignoring the man's action. My palms are sweaty so I clenched the spear and the gun hard. "There's an exit behind that wall. When I say go, run towards it."

"What about you?" Violet clenches tight on my sleeves.

"Didn't I promise I'll come back?" I promise as I smile at her. I shove her to Charlie and point the gun towards the corridor towards the exit as my eyes lock the zombies. As I ready to attack, so are them. Spreading their long sharp bonny fingers and screeching their head to right and left with mouth wide showing their fangs.

Hungry.

I can tell that they can't wait to have us for brunch. I bow to not allow it.