CHAPTER 27: The Boring Stuff

When I gain my consciousness and my strength, the day has gone and replaced by the moon. I search for Violet and find her at the Hummer, looking down at the engine holding a flashlight. She looks at the engine like she knows what she's doing but I know she just confusing herself. As I sit on, she turns her head alarming to the sound that I made. "It's just me." I say.

Violet gets down from the stand tool and head towards me with the flashlight pointing at me.

"I don't suppose you can shine that flashlight anywhere but my face." I squint over the light. Violet averts the flashlight and places it on the table shining at the cupboard in the office. She hands over a opened can of canned food and a spoon. I reach for it and start digging my meal.

"Are you getting better?" She finally speaks.

I nod without looking at her and continue on eating.

"It's dark outside. You have been sleeping for four hours now. You were raving and acted hysterical. You were calling someone. Not a name, just simply wondering about someone." She adds.

I glance at her as I chew my food. I ignore her for a moment, analysing what she said. I finish the food inside my mouth before answering her. "Well, I don't remember on calling anyone." I say.

"Maybe it's a reflex from the pain. I'm recalling on the things I have been through about before." I added as I continue chewing.

"Who are you thinking off?" Violet asks.

"I don't know." I said. "I never meet him. Never knew him. Never saw him in any way possible."

"He?"

"Yes? Maybe? I don't know." I continue. Maybe that's one thing that I'll never find out. Who is he?

"He sounds important." Violet keeps it as her last words before leaving me to my thoughts.

Important? How can he be important when I don't even know him? Then why I keep on thinking about him? Who is he? Who is he to me?

After finishing the food, I move to the Hummer only to be stopped when my legs decide to stay on their betrayal. I stumble to the floor on my chest like a fallen koala. Violet stares me from the Hummer, shock from my fallen. She stares there confuse.

"Are you okay?" Violet asks.

"I'm fine." I grin, pushing my body up. I pull my legs near my chest, massaged my calves. "They are still sleeping." I reply.

"Well, I think they deserve it." Violet claims as she walks towards the office. She reaches the blanket, folds it up and tosses it at the end of the couch. She takes off her shoes and land her bumps on the cushion. "I'm going to sleep now, I suggest you rest too."

Violet lies down on the couch comforting herself under the blanket. "Please don't let the generator dies or we'll freeze to death." She reminds coldly; turning over facing her back on me.

I turn to the generator and create a silent proof shield with my ability. I twist my head around imaging the position of the furniture inside the office since I hadn't had the chance to take a look of the full view of the office. I shift my chest facing the floor support myself with my knees and palms. I grab the couch's arm pressing it, lifting my self up. I wobble and shif all my energy to my feet. Even so, I merely had strength left to make myself out of the room, intend to leave Violet to her rest. She must be tired. And terrify.

I sigh.

I walk staggeredly to the Hummer, I carefully make my way as the darkness consumed the whole room. As I walk, I adjust my vision in the dark. I almost knocked the tool box when my legs start to shaken, taking my balance away. Annoyed by the lost of energy, I crawl towards the vehicle.

I reach the side body of the Hummer, twisted my body and lean on it. I bring my legs in front, straighten it. Sucking up the air for my lungs, I elevate my chin to the ceiling. I gently close my eyes, touching my head on the steel behind me. I widen my eyes to realise that the force field that I build before had disappeared.

I inhale inwards grasping the air into my lungs, relaxing my muscle and thoughts. Clearing off any sounds that will disturb me, the sound of breezily tree, the sounds of air humiding the room. I want a total pitch silent for me to concentrate. I relieve a deep exhale and inhale next. I shifts into the neurons in my brain, concentrate on my abilities. I try to let out a psychokinetic wave however, but fail immediately. I control my breathing as I try again. This time, the wave spread out leniently. I widen my eyes taking control of the growing wave, largen it size. Grow and grow it goes, increasing the radius of the forcefield. I look straight ahead staring at the space. Minutes then I manage to complete the shield.

I waited for another 10 minutes, controlling the amount of energy that holding the wave. I gasp for air several times, clearing my throat as the air choke, stuck in my alveolies. I stumble forward as I grasp the air into my lungs, pushing it in. My head start to fuzz and the air become thin. My hands numb and shoulders weight. I slowly fall to my left side, easing the pain as I lie down on the floor. I shift to lean on my back. I tilt my head upwards, catching the sight of Violet as she falls asleep on the couch upside down. I observe her as the pain slowly to fade.

I manage to expand the shiled; large enough to keep us safe for the moment. The new challenge is I'm facing almost 30 zombies crashing into the transparent shield. However, for every single touch on the shield, I let out a high frequency of psychokinetic wave that able to disturb the brain nerves disrupting the vibration of the nerves, causing them to explode.

I watch the zombies try their luck and laugh everytime they fail. Only few of them who are a little wiser than the rest to know enough that there is no way through. They hang around the limit area, acting to think their possible route of getting into my side of the shield. After a few minutes, I pull myself away from the first scene; back to my body. I can't let them know the hidding place.

They. Are. Persistent. And I don't want to die. YET.