Chapter 8: The Coming Threats

"There's something weird going on." He drenches with sweat and his pupils dilated. "You really need to see it." Concern to his behaviour, we follow him to the highest floor in the Warehouse and guided to the North side. The moment I walk in this corridor, my nausea kicks in hard, making me feel disoriented. A thick vibe tingles at the back of my neck and my bones shiver.

"Do you feel that?" I whisper to McCoy; to which he answer with a confuse face. When we enter in a storage room at the end of the corridor with a single window, my body weighing; almost made me stumble. I feel extremely disturb, my head start to get dizzy and the more we enter into the room, my head feels so heavy, if someone told me right now, there's someone put a 12kg barbell on head; I will believe him with a heartbeat. I lower my head and reach my hand to press the crown. We move to the window and the worker asks me to take a look.

Honestly, I don't want too. But I heavily walk towards it, trying not to alarm the outsider. In this region infamous pitch black, I was to stare in it, hoping for something to show up. "What do you want me to see?" I squint.

"Straight ahead. Can you see it?" He sounds jitterish. "Or him?"

I barely able to open my eyes with the headache, I squint my eyes to take a better look. I wait for a few seconds to let my eyes adjust the dark but I flinch when I see it. He or it, slowly move to the Warehouse direction. "What is that?" I lean forward to the window and wait to let it come closer. The moment my eyes find the moving figure's eyes, I jerk and fall backwards with a sharp pain piercing through my head. I let out a silent scream and rustle with it. I clench my head with my hands and my legs kick in the air. My head feels so pain, it's like you had your hand caught in a grinding machine. McCoy jumps beside me and held me tight. He scrabbles in his pockets to find painkillers.

"You, see what's out there..." McCoy orders to the worker before returning to me. "Hey, hey," he calls. "I'm here." he tries to console. He finally finds the painkiller and quickly opens the cover. He shoves two capsules into my mouth and asks me to swallow.

"It's a man, and I think he's injured." the worker claims. At that moment, Mr Usha finds us and runs towards me.

"What?" he puzzles to my condition. "What is going on?

"There's an injured man outside, sir." the worker inform the foremen. Mr Usha takes a look outside and witness the injured man heading towards the Warehouse.

"He's telling the truth. Should we let him in?" Mr Usha finds McCoy's eyes to seek permission.

"You," I try to find strength despite the excruciating pain, "open the door," I pause again, "we all die." I barely create a complete sentence before the painkiller reduces the pain. I turn my body facing the floor, bracing myself with my knees and elbows. Forcing myself to stand up, I push away the pain to the back of my mind notwithstanding I rather die than moving at this moment. McCoy reaches to prevent me but I push him just like I did to Violet. This time not because of my ego, but because people's life depends on it.

"Don't!" He hissed. "Don't push my hands away!" he scolds as he reluctantly helps me get up since I insists on. I struggle my way to get on my feet and almost dive headfirst if McCoy doesn't hold me. I shake my head to clear the pain but just like ocean wave, it keeps coming back. And it feels like a tsunami hits me when I manage to stand on both of my legs. I mumble curse words before I stop to one knee abruptly. All men rush to catch me from falling hard on the ground.

"He's injured. We ought to do something."

"Are you deaf?" It comes out rudely. I reach out my hand for Mr Usha and he brings down to me. I grab his collar and pull in. "Don't you dare open the doors in any circumstances."