George cleared his throat, trying to get my attention. I turned my head slowly to meet his eyes. "You alright?" He asked. I nodded slowly, still hazy. "I did tell him not to touch you that way. He wouldn't listen. It's a blessing he didn't press for more."

I nodded, remembering how close his younger brother's fingers had been to my breast, his erection digging into my back. I shivered. Luckily, that's all that had happened.

He smiled warmly. "I'll have you know, that if he dares to do anything to you, 'Mione, I'll hex his bits off."

A true smile graced my lips. "Thank you, George. That is very gallant of you."

Mrs Weasley sighed. "Let's hope it doesn't get to that. I don't want to be picking up anyone's bits off the floor."

George lost it, throwing his head back as a hearty laugh left him. I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen him so happy. Most days, he wandered about aimlessly, eyes lifeless. Everyday, six times a day, he'd sit in front of the mirror with a picture frame of his twin and talk to him.

People had different ways of grieving... It would be a long time before he would be able to cope with the fact that he was alone now.

It was something we had bonded over during the time I had lived at the Burrow, before my disastrous wedding.

It warmed my heart to see him finally happy, even if it was at the expense of his younger sibling.

The next few days were similar, nightmares waking me in the dead of night, Ron "coming to the rescue", waking up to a very randy redhead, tea, daydream, repeat.

A week had passed before I received any news. A tawny owl flew in through the window, delivering me a very angry letter from my instructor, demanding I return to Hogwarts immediately.

Without a thought, I left through the Floo, kissing Molly on the cheek before I went.

Landing in McGonagall's office, I was surprised to see the Minister, along with the Head of Slytherin, and some other small man. He was quite mousy looking, his hair wiry, sticking straight up.

I hadn't had the chance to speak before I was bombarded. "You have made a fool of me for the last time, Miss Granger! I will not tolerate any of this a moment more."

I frowned. What the devil was he going on about?

Kingsley lay a hand on the Potions' Master's shoulder. "Now, Severus, I'm sure there is a reasonable excuse for all of this."

I didn't like the sound of that. Not at all.

I cleared my throat. "All of what, exactly? I haven't the foggiest what you're talking about."

The four people in the room exchanged odd looks and hurried whispers. Snape raised an eyebrow, dark eyes pensive.

The mousy man stepped up. "Miss Granger, my name is Carl Van Beuson. I am the Head of the the Magical Apprentices Office. I'm afraid I must tell you that your apprenticeship under Professor Snape is at an end."

My eyes widened. "What? How is that possible?"

He pulled out a sheet of parchment from his coat pocket. "It seems you were ignorant to the letter sent to you to attend your primary examinations. You did not send a confirmation nor did you send a reply as to why you were absent during the trials."