chapter 51

Lina's POV
I pull up at the house and see police cars lined up on the curb. I walk in and a policeman holds on my arm. I try to pull away but he says 'don't even try.'~ I sigh. He walks me into the office and we pass the twins. The run up to me and say 'mommy, where was you? Where's daddy?'~ they look around. I cry and say 'I'm sorry babies, daddy's not here.' Jace's parents come, pick up the twins and give me a look. The policeman pushes me into Jace's office and says 'we've got a couple of questions for you.' I slouch in the chair and wait for the other officers come. I see my brother walk in and stand up.~ they push me back down in the chair. The policewoman sits in Jace's chair and I close my eyes. She begins and says 'our records say you and Mr. Norman are divorced. Is that correct?'~ I nod. She asks 'so why was he with you the night the twins got kidnapped?' I close my eyes and say ' because.. we were trying to give our marriage another chance. But I doubt that will happen after this happened.' I begin to cry and say 'I don't feel comfortable answering these questions right now.'~ I get up and head towards my bedroom. I open it and see Gio sitting on the bed.~ I jump and say 'Gio, why are here?'
          He stands up and says 'to comfort you.' I furrow my eyebrows and say 'does everyone in the world know that Jace is in the hospital?'~ he nods. I sigh and walk over to my closet. Gio walks over and kiss the back of my neck. I stop him and whisper 'I don't feel comfortable breaking my promise with Jace.' I sit on the bed and bury my face into my hands. I feel Gio pull me closer to his chest and he whispers 'baby, don't blame yourself. Jace is going to be fine.'  I glare at him and jump off the bed. I begin to feel guilt rise up and I basically yell 'NO! JACE WON'T BE FINE! IT WAS MY STUPID EX WHO SHOT HIM. THIS BULLET COULD KILL THE ONLY LOVING THING MY CHILDREN KNOW.- it could kill their father.' 

off in the hospital

** 2 months later**

Jace's POV

             I feel a pinch in my arm. - my eyes widely open and I see a woman looking down at me. I jerk my arm away and say ' what the hell are you doing?' The woman cleans up and says 'Mr. Norman, glad to see you awake.' My eyebrows furrow and I look around the room. I'm at the hospital. I look over at the window and see Lina arguing with a doctor. The door opens and Lina walks in with a smile on her face. She begins to tear up and I hold put my arm to comfort her but I can't. Lina takes my hand and says 'Jace, I'm do glad you're ok. I would have never forgiven myself if you died.' I pull my hand away and whisper 'died?' Lina looks at me and says 'you don't remember anything don't you?'- I shake my head. She fiddles with her rings and I notice she doesn't have her wedding ring. I adjust myself and say ' where's your wedding ring?' Lina seems surprised and says 'that's the thing, Jace. We divorced. Resulting in us fighting, causing our family to drift apart.' I scratch my head and I say ' so I'm in the hospital because.... we fought?' 

         Someone knocks on the door , frightening us both and we look over. The twins come jumping in. Jackie and Nick come running up to the bed and Lina helps them up. Jackie plants kisses on my forehead and I smooth her hair. I flashback to when I was at a bar the day of their 2nd birthday. I mess up Nicky's hair and say ' I missed you two.' Lina clears her throat and says    'you mean three.'- she hands me a ultrasound picture. My eyes widen and I'm looking at my new son. I look down at Lina's stomach and see a bump. I rub my temples and say ' I still don't understand, how is this my son?' Lina says ' we tried to fix our relationship, it was going well again. You wanted another kid so we tried again. And now he's here.' 

        Nicky and Jackie take the picture out of my hand and they say ' happy family! happy family!' Lina flashes me a weak smile.

HI!

it's been a while

vote and comment! :)