Chapter 32: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Start from the beginning

The elevator door opened, Tarkin entered and waited for Anakin.

"I have many things to attend to. Good day." Barriss said.

Barriss walked away from the group.

"Go be with your friend, Ahsoka." Anakin said.

"I'll come with you, Ahsoka." Darrel said.

Ahsoka smiled and nodded, the Padawans went ran up to Barriss to catch up with her. Anakin smiled and went in the elevator with Tarkin.

"In ways, she is still very young." Anakin said.

"Indeed." Tarkin replied.

Meanwhile as Ahsoka and Darrel caught up with Barriss, Barriss turned her head and smiled.

"Company?" Ahsoka asked.

"Sure." Barriss replied.

"Every time I think about this, I feel conflicted. It's hard not to let feelings turn into attachment and pain." Ahsoka said.

"Ahsoka, Darrel, have you ever wondered if it was right to ignore your emotions?" Barriss asked.

"Our Masters would say, Our struggle as Jedi is to move past them." Ahsoka replied.

"You both make it sound so easy." Barriss said.

"No, it isn't easy." Darrel said.

"But it's possible. Like, remember when we were stuck inside the battle tank on Geonosis, Barriss?" Ahsoka said. "It was hard not to be afraid. Still, you and I got past it. And I guess we'll get past this."

"How come you never told me of this?" Darrel asked with a smile on his face.

"You never asked." Ahsoka replied.

"You've always been capable of seeing things clearly, Ahsoka." Barriss said.

"I guess I've fooled you like I have everyone else." Ahsoka replied.

Then Ahsoka's comlink started beeping, she answered it. It was Anakin calling her.

"Yes, Master." Ahsoka said.

"Ahsoka, Darrel, we're needed in the war room. It appears the Separatists have mounted another attack." Anakin said.

"We're coming, Master." Ahsoka replied.

Ahsoka clicked off the comlink and looked at Barriss.

"Look, I have to believe that one way or another, this woman's going to pay for what she did." Ahsoka said.

"You both shouldn't keep your Masters waiting." Barriss said.

Ahsoka and Darrel smiled and to the war room. Once there, a few members of the council, and Anakin were there to hear a report from Obi-Wan via hologram.

"We've uncovered a Separatist plan of attack. We shall travel to the Anoat system, then move across to Saleucami system." Obi-Wan said.

"So far out of our way?" Mace asked.

"Unfortunately, we must avoid these neutral systems." Obi-Wan said.

Then a hologram of Admiral Tarkin appeared on the holographic projector.

"Excuse me, Master Jedi." Tarkin said.

"Yes, Admiral." Mace said.

"Commander Tano, your presence is requested by prisoner Letta Turmond." Tarkin said.