A Freaky Friday (Jack and Mark)

"Hey, Mark!" Jack shouted. He looked around for the engineer. "Mark! Where are ya little buddy?" He carried a box under his arms as he walked into the kitchen. "Hey Felix, have you seen Mark?" He asked. Felix hummed and snapped his fingers.

"He's in my room." He pointed and added, "He wanted to borrow my laptop for a little bit, I don't know why." Jack nodded and walked to his room. He peered inside. The laptop was upside down on Felix's bed, and Mark was tinkering with something in it.

"Mark?" Mark pushed out from under the laptop and looked up.

"Oh, morning Jack." Jack frowned. The tiny man looked tired.

"Sleep well?" He asked, doubtful. "You weren't in your bed when I woke up." Mark tried to hide a yawn and nodded.

"Oh, yeah, really well. I just woke up a little early." Jack put the package down and climbed on the bed.

"What ya working on?" He lay down on his stomach and looked at Mark's work. But all he saw were jumbled wires.

"Oh. That." Mark scratched his head. "It's just a side project I'm working on." Jack rolled over on his back and stretched lazily. Mark jumped in his hand, making Jack keep his arms out. "What's for breakfast?" He asked.

"Hmm." Jack clicked his tongue. "Well, let's see... I could order pizza. I could whip up some bacon." He shook Mark added playfully, "Or I could settle with a human!"

"You wish!" Mark huffed and punched Jack's hand. "I'm too tough for a weakling like you." Jack chuckled.

"Then how about we just settle with bacon?"

"Sounds good," Mark agreed. As Jack got up, the engineer noticed the package and frowned. "What's in the box?"

"Oh, that." Jack smirked. "You'll find out after breakfast." Mark groaned.

"Jaaaack!"

"Nope!" The giant carried Mark off. "After we eat!"

Mark was very curious. After a delicious breakfast of bacon and eggs benedict, Mark bombarded Felix. "Do you know what Jack's up to?" He asked. Jack was washing the dishes.

"You mean the package he finally got?" Felix grinned. "You don't know?"

"No, I don't." Mark waved his hands. "He won't tell me!" He laughed.

"And I'm fixing to!" Jack called. Felix chuckled.

"Good luck, Mark." He got up and left the astronaut with Jack. Mark sighed and looked up as Jack walked over.

"Now can you tell me?" He pleaded.

"Alright, fine," Jack sighed. He smiled and let Mark climb on his hand, and then put him on his shoulder. "How advanced is your technology on your planet?" He asked, walking to the mysterious package.

"It's pretty advanced," Mark admitted, "But not as good as your VR headset, for example." Jack smirked and crouched to open the box.

"Well, speaking of VR headsets." Mark's eyes widened as Jack held up a tiny version of the VR earplugs.

"Jack!" He gasped. "Is that?"

"Yep!" Jack pulled out more stuff. "You're gonna love this. Here, put this on." Mark took the ear pieces and put them in. Jack plugged some things in and adjusted things Mark tried to understand, and then Jack gestured for Mark to climb off. "Be right back!" He ran off and left Mark with the alien technology. Mark marveled at how complex it all looked. What is Jack up to?

Jack came back with his VR earpieces plugged in. Mark's confusion heightened, and he watched as Jack plugged another thing in. "There!" He smiled at Mark. "Ok, there should be a switch on the right side. Flick it." Mark reached in his ear and turned the switch on. Bright lights and a humming engulfed his senses. He squinted, but his vision was robbed.