Good Spoops 🎃 (Jack? and Mark) (Halloween Special)

A/N Happy Halloween!

Huh? No, I'm not late, shut up!🤗

"Jack!" Mark ran into the living room, hollering over the noisy tv. "Jack!" He yelled again. The mound under a sea of blankets on the couch shifted, and Jack pulled the blanket off his head.

"Mark?" He muted the tv as Mark ran up to the couch. "What's wrong? Is it too cold for you today? I thought it was only-"

"No." Mark sounded excited. "Jack, do you know what today is?" Jack yawned.

"No?" He sounded puzzled. "I thought today was just a regular old Tuesday."

"No!" Mark waved his arms. "It's Halloween!"

"Hallo... ween?" Jack frowned. "What's Halloween?" Mark's jaw dropped.

"You don't know what Halloween is!?" He started to climb up the blankets, but Jack reached down and helped him up onto the couch.

"No?" Mark gasped and turned around in Jack's hands.

"Why are we friends?" Jack chuckled and set the small engineer on his thigh.

"Because the gravity of your ego was so heavy that you got pulled onto my planet." He gave Mark a gentle poke, making Mark yelp and smack his hand. "Go on, tell me!" Jack urged. "What's Halloween?" Mark huffed and turned to face Jack again.

"Well, on my world, kids used to go from door to door saying trick or treat. And they'd get candy. People would scare each other and play pranks or jokes, the houses would be decorated with cobwebs and skeletons..." Mark sighed. "But that was before pollution got bad. Now we haven't had Halloween for over a hundred years."

"... Candy, you said?" Jack hummed thoughtfully. "Lots of it?" Mark nodded. "Alright." Jack scooped Mark up and got off the couch. "Come on then." Mark started.

"What? Where are we going?" He gripped Jack's fingers as the giant spun around and grabbed his jacket.

"The store! We're going to get you yer candy." Jack put his jacket on and helped Mark into its chest pocket.

"Oh, J-Jack," Mark stammered, "You don't have to-"

"Yep, now shut yer trap."

"But Jack-"

"No buts!"

"Jack I'm serious, you don't have to-"

"Nope!"

"Jack!"

"La da da da da dah!!!" Mark sighed.

"Fine you big baby." Felix walked in to the living room, stretching with his arms high over his head as he yawned languidly.

"Where you off to?" He asked sleepily.

"Out." Jack grabbed his keys and stuck his wallet in his pocket. "We're going to get Mark candy for Halloween."

"Oh..." Felix frowned, puzzled. "Ok." Jack grabbed his hoverboard and then left the house. He tossed the board and then stepped onto it, giving the ground a kick to start the board up. Mark pushed the flap up and peeked out of his pocket.

"Traveling in style now?" Mark mused playfully. Jack scowled at his chest.

"You betchya!" He suddenly stopped the hoverboard and froze. Mark swayed from the inertia and almost fell out of his pocket.

"Jack?" Mark recovered himself and looked up at the giant. "Jack!" He yelled. Jack blinked and smiled to himself; it was a quick, ghost of a smile, and gone in the blink of an eye, but Mark saw it nevertheless.