Hug a Giant Day (Jack and Mark)

"Jaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhck!" Mark pushed the giant's arm as he dragged his name out, trying to wake the sleeping alien. But Jack had been up all night editing videos, so the task would prove difficult for Mark. But the engineer didn't give up. Undaunted, the small man climbed Jack's shirt and marched up his chest to poke Jack's cheek. A muscle twitched in his jaw, but the giant snored on.

"Jack, Jack, Jaaaack." Mark climbed down Jack's shoulder and started chanting the giant's name in his ear to try and wake him up, but the giant groaned and turned his head, pinning Mark under his cheek. Mark yelped and wiggled out from under, and then he started poking the tip of the giant's nose.

"Jaaaaack!" He whined. "Wake up!" He was startled when the giant suddenly opened his sleepy blue eyes, but his surprise was swept away with impatience as he bopped the giant's nose. Jack closed his eyes with a sleepy rumble and scrunched his nose up.

"Mark?" Jack groaned. "What time is it?"

"It's time for you to get your lazy ass up!" Mark ran and jumped into Jack's hand, and the fingers twitched with surprise as they slightly curled around his small frail body. The giant lifted his head and looked at the clock, only to groan and shove his head under a pillow.

"It's six thirty AM!" He complained, muffled. "Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? Don't humans need sleep too?"

"I'm too excited to sleep any more!" Mark bounced around in Jack's hand before climbing up his arm to stand on his shoulder. Jack uttered a few more sleepy groans.

"Excited?" He mumbled. Mark glanced at Jack's phone. At the moment it was just a small rectangular black thing, but when pushing the button Mark had gotten the holoscreen to turn on. Having been excited by this discovery, Mark had explored the depths of Jack's phone before finding something interesting on his calendar. It was called Hug a Giant Day, and with a little more digging he had also found Hug a Tiny Day. Googling these two days, he discovered that these giants celebrated the creatures that were much smaller than them and usually enjoyed a nice barbeque or something. But Mark had come up with a brilliant idea...

Jack suddenly pulled his head out and sat up with a yawn. Mark tumbled and grabbed Jack's sleeve before the drowsy giant could accidentally shake him off.

"What's with all the excitement then?" Jack reached for his phone as Mark crawled back onto his shoulder, and he watched from his bony perch as the giant leafed through his phone. He immediately noticed the search history and the tab left open on his calendar, and he scowled at his shoulder. "Dude! You went on my phone?"

"I didn't know what it was!" Mark defended himself but he was smiling. "Your technology is a little bit more advanced than mine." Jack huffed and put his phone down.

"Good god, if the rest of your kind is as nosy as you, you all might just go extinct." Mark giggled as Jack reached for him, and he let himself be picked up and held up to the giant's eyes. There was a twinkle of amusement in his bright blue eyes, and Mark grinned sheepishly.

"The universe can't handle two of me, that would be too much awesomeness." Mark puffed his chest out and crossed his arms, making Jack laugh.

"The universe would end if there were two of ya."

"Probably," Mark admitted with a chuckle. Then he sat up and poked Jack's hand. "But do you know what today is?" He asked impatiently. Jack's brow furrowed.

"Um..." he scratched his head and yawned again, blasting Mark with a warm breeze of minty air. "Do you guys have some kind of Hug a Giant and Tiny days?" He rumbled.

"No," Mark admitted. "But I thought since my people haven't come for me yet that we could make our own tradition!" Mark gestured to his body as he added, "I'm tiny anyways, in your eyes, and you're gargantuan in my eyes. So that makes me the tiny of this relationship, and you the giant." Jack hummed in agreement.

"So what's your point? My body doesn't want to get out of bed yet," he grumbled. Instead of answering, Mark hugged the giant's nose, and Jack immediately froze with wide eyes, completely caught off guard.

"... that's my point." Mark smiled up at Jack, and to his relief the giant relaxed and nuzzled him.

"That's not a proper hug though!" Jack gently pulled Mark off and held him against his chest. "There we go," he murmured. Even though he was still sleepy, he couldn't possibly be angry at little Markimoo, especially not when the engineer was trying so hard to fit in with the giant world that he did not belong in. A wave of protectiveness washed over the green haired giant, and he lay down on his side and continued to hug Mark close to his heart with his hand. Jack closed his eyes as he felt Mark squirm a little to get more comfortable, and a drowsy smile shaped his lips in a content curve as he slowly exhaled.

Mark sighed happily and closed his eyes too. He felt safe, and somehow Jack made him feel like everything was going to be ok.