Chapter 20: Expecting the Unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Don't look" Harvey warned, but he was too late as I was already staring at the couple who just entered, Astrid and James from the corner of my eye I saw Dean look at me sympathetically. 

"April, Peyton told me about you and James but you should know he's doing this to hurt you so just, don't look at him" Harvey explained.

"I need to go, I'll be back soon" I said coldly and walked out of the doors and straight into the courtyard hoping I would be alone, then again fate has never been on my good side.

I hear a soundfull of lustful moans coming from somewhere in the dark yard.

"Jasper" a familiar voice moaned.
Okay now I had the evil side of me that wanted to eavesdrop.

I carefully took off my silver studded heels, clutched them in my left hand and started to walk on making sure I was quiet.

Get yourself together April, isn't it stupid you can even think Jasper would come back all of a sudden.

Of course that didn't stop me, sure enough I caught a glimpse of the so called familiar voice, Peyton held her head back as Jasper Smith kissed her neck. Well that's alot of explaining for Peyton to do.

The picture grossed me out on the spot, so I turned away and started walking back to another corner of the courtyard.

I sat on one of the benches, placing my heels at my side. I opened my purse, and sure enough in there sat my bottle of joy!

Here's to those thinking, 'shoot! This girl drinks alot!' . I don't think I even give a Fuck.

I opened the flask and started taking a few sips at a time sure enough the alcohol burned as it slithered down my troath.

Once I was halfway over, I decided to go back to the court considering that I've been sulking for quite a bit, and Peyton and Jasper Smith had left the courtyard hand in hand while I watched them from the shadows.
As I was going to open the door that took me back to a school corridor, someone opened it from the other side and the door came straight into my face and I fell down with a 'thud'.

"Shit! Let me- Well, well well look what we have here" I heard the voice of the certain imbecile I had promised myself to ignore for a very very very very long time, and that's what I did.

He pulled out his hand from his pocket and was trying to help me up, but I very politely declined his outstretched muscular arm with a glare and I stood up taking the support of the wall.

I let out a huff and I walked back to the bench I was sitting on, unfortunately James tagged along.

I took out the flask and started to chug down more of the alcohol as James sat opposite me.
"Listen..." he started.

"No.. " I said pressing my finger against his lips across the table, the alcohol consuming me into a world of it's own. "You listen.... You are mean, stupid and-and-and a prick!" I said smiling at my use of words.

"Is that alcohol?" James asked grabbing the flask from my hand. He took it to his nose and took a whiff of it, "Shit April this shit is strong!" he announced.

"Give it back" I ignored him as I lunged for the flask.

"What are you doing to yourself?" he asked a flicker of concern in his eyes as he pushed me away.

"I don't see why you should care, I'm going to look for Ethan!" I said as I stood up.

"That guys not-"

"Not what???" I asked as I sat back down but James faltered. "Not a jerk? Not a person who kisses a different girl every day?" I asked sitting back down.