Chapter 4

Amber's POV

I wake up to darkness but I was not blind it was just night my head hurt like crazy and my entire body was stiff I tried to get up but I just fell back down with a thud that made my head hurt even worse I looked at my leg and it seemed to be twisted in an odd position I soon figured out my leg was broken and I more than likely fractured my rib I also had a cuts all over my arms and legs I had frequently had a nose bleed I guess while I was out cold I busted my lip and I had a gash right up above my eye brow my hair was also matted with dirt, sticks and blood my white now brown and red dress had rips and tears but at least I had a tan shirt underneath and brown legging to match it so I dragged my self toward a shallow part in the lake and I dipped strips of cloth from my dress into the lake till it was white again i rung it out and took two flat straight thick sticks straightened out my leg as much as I could and tied the sticks to my leg to be a temporary splint once I did that I cleaned the gash on my forehead and the cuts on my arms and legs I cleaned the dark crusty blood from my nose and took the sticks from my hair I looked at my self in the water and I still looked like some monster that just crawled out from under a rock but now at least my wounds are not a target for infection I crawled over to a large thick branch and lifted my self up with my good arm a winced at the pain that shot threw my leg this was the first time I had stood in about 2 hours it started to get hotter by noon and I had to prop my self under a tree to keep cool I suddenly hear rock start to fall I look up and start to hear a voice as well I limped behind a bush and ducked low about 30 seconds later I see another night fury walk out into the open it had a saddle on so it was tamed it also had a red prosthetic wing but I stayed hidden trying to slow down my breathing then a boy about my age walk out he had brown hair and green eyes he also had a medal leg I didn't notice but I was slowly coming out of my hiding place the boy and the dragon sat down next to the lake.