Chapter 3

Ember POV

I traveled threw the forest my arms and legs were sore from swimming the distance, if I walked any farther my arms and legs would fall off and I didn't help that my legs were capped with mud and sand my white dress had sand in it which was uncomfortable and it was more of grass stained and mud splattered brownish throw up green than white plus I scraped my knee and stepped on a oyster so there was a trail of blood down my leg and it stung like heck, when I stepped on my hurt foot. But luck came my way and I found my self at the foot of a cove there was a small lake in the center and vines were climbing up the stone walls. There looked like there were fish in the lake as well but how was a going to get down there in this state, I quickly remembered what my father taught me about survival in the woods, I learned berries, healing herbs , which foods were edible and even how to start a fire. But one think he also taught me was to never give up so I stood at the edge of the cove when I heard crumbling like rocks crumbling, I look down to see the stone platform I was standing on quickly wither away then it finally gave in, and I fell to the bottom of the cove I looked up and everything was a big spinning blur I felt sleepy and suddenly everything went black.

Sky's POV

I swam up on the warm sandy shore being cold blooded in cold water made me feel stiff and sleepy but I had to find ember. I struggled to my legs an limped forward part of my tail wing was missing so when I tried to fly I just landed on my face. So I limped forward alongside the water hoping to see ember's happy face.