<~Chapter 35~>

(Bri's POV)
Normally after a show we're on the tour bus headed to the next venue. Tonight was different for two reasons: we performed at Madison Square Garden and Cameron was visiting! By some sort of miracle Mom convinced dad to let me hang out with Cameron after the show so they could have a date night. Of course that came with a few restrictions: no leaving the penthouse, text one of them every other hour or so to give updates that I'm still alive and the penthouse hasn't been burnt down and Jimmy was "baby sitting". I could work with this. I really had no other choice if I wanted to be with Cameron.

Cameron and I spent a few hours playing board games, listening to music and eating pizza. It was a fun night so far but I had run out of ideas. I wasn't necessarily trying to impress Cameron but I didn't want him to think I was lame either.

We were both sitting against the couch on our phones. I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and I wasn't sure who Cameron was texting. Jimmy came into the living room with his keys in hand.

"You're going somewhere?" I sit up straight and lock my phone. I was hoping Cameron and I wouldn't have to tag along.

"Yeah, I'm going to grab a bite to eat." Jimmy informs us. "Do y'all wanna come?"

"I'm not really hungry." Cameron nods his head towards the now empty pizza box. "But if you want to eat I don't mind tagging along."

"No, no it's fine. Just uh, stay here and don't do anything you'll regret. I'll be back later this evening." Jimmy says swinging his key chain between his fingers. "I trust you, Bri so this stays between us."

"Gotcha." I give Jimmy a thumbs up. Once he leaves I lean back against the couch and go on instagram; still trying to think up something to occupy our time with.

"Weirdly enough my friend Jeremy is at a hotel near by. They're having a few friends over and he invited me—well us." Cameron breaks the silence.

I look up from my phone and pause. "What hotel?" I uneasily ask.

"The Plaza. It's on 5th avenue like fifteen minutes away." Cameron tells me but notices I wasn't swayed. "Bri, it'll be a quick in and quick out. I'm sure we'll be back before Jimmy and your parents won't know we were even gone." 

"But I'd still be lying to them and I don't feel comfortable with that." I admit and let out a sigh. I mean what were we supposed to do for the rest of the night? Eat more pizza and play another board game? Watch more movies with Jimmy? "All right, but I have to be back before eleven."

"Yes! I will have you back no later than eleven." Cameron shot up and holds out his hand to help me up. I slip on my Adidas Stan Smiths, grab my hoodie and we headed out into the city.

We pass through the hotel lobby and up to the 5th floor. I made sure to keep a low profile all while doing this. Cameron said this was just a "few friends" hanging out but what I saw was a full on hotel party in this huge suite. I've never been to a party let alone a hotel party with this many people. I don't know what to expect and that makes me anxious.

"Follow me." Cameron held my hand and leads me through the crowd of people. He makes an immediate beeline to the kitchen where the alcohol was. I was smart enough to stay sober this entire night. I met Cameron's friends and mingled with new people. In a way I was happy that half these people were already drunk because they won't remember meeting me, Brianna Timberlake.

I did my best to enjoy the party but I just could not do that. I wasn't comfortable being in a hotel suite with a ton of people I did not know. There were kegs, empty beer bottles and a lot of red solo cups sitting around. Not to mention a few people smoking weed or regular cigarettes. Cameron was the only one I knew and he was too busy with his friends. On the way to the party he promised not to ignore me but that's all he did!