T W E N T Y

A/N

So as promised here's the 2nd update of the day. ❤

~*Flashback continuation~*

I started surviving in this cruel world. I started gathering the courage to stand up once again. I started healing my broken soul. The smile I lost years ago, started coming back to me.

I was depressed and I had no one to talk.. to share my problems. Even my parents were not with me when I was going through the trauma. My life is. I always knew it. But this much suffering was killing me, killing my soul.

I was broken into millions of pieces that can't be mend. No one can join them together. I was lost in my own world. No socializing with people, staying in my bubble was the only thing I knew can save me from this brutal world. But still I was gathering myself trying to regain my confidence and self-esteem back.

I thought that everything is falling in place, but damn! My fate can never let me have a peaceful life! Can it? No ways. I just started thinking that I will be happy once again in my life, but again something happened.

I got a call from an unknown number one day. I thought to pick it up because I've given several interviews for job, there was a possibility that one of them called me. Without wasting more time I picked up the call.

"Hello" I said

"Hello babes!" A girl chirped from the other side

"Umm who's this?" I asked not able to recognise the voice, but it felt familiar

"Oho yaar! You forgot me so soon?" The girl from the other side sounded sad.

"I can't recognise. Who are you?" I again ask her, though my mind said it was her, but my heart didn't wanted to agree

"I tortured you so much babe still you can't recognise me?" The girl said

As soon as she said it tears formed in my eyes again. The days I've been tortured came in front of my eyes. It felt like the pain Mansi has given me in the past is still present. It felt like the pain never vanished, be it physically or emotionally.

"Hello are you there?" I heard her voice once again

"What do you want now?" I managed to speak in a strong voice

"How are you so good? Myra you always directly come to the point han! I like it" Mansi commented

"WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. MANSI?" I said in a cold tone to make her come to the point.

"I need you back!" Mansi replied quickly

"What?" It came out of my mouth.

"Yeah babe! I missed you. Look I'm sorry for whatever I did with you, but you know na if I want anything I take it from anyone by hook or crook" Mansi pronounced it like it was the easiest thing to do.

Well for her it was, I never thought after a whole damn year she will call me and say let's be friends again? Well wow isn't it great that the one tortured you was someone once you called your best friend. Now that best friend again calls you in the middle of a night and tells that let's get back to normal. I wanted to shout at her but I didn't, there was fear inside me that once again she'll be able to break me.