Chapter 53: Party Crasher

M.O.I Control Bridge
Many years ago...

Alarms blaze as Carolina, the Director, and the Counselor are standing on the platform.

F.I.L.S.S: Intruder alert, intruder alert. Breach in Security. Level Zero.

Carolina: It's the Resistance.

Director: No, it's Agent Texas. And her damn partner in crime.

Counselor: We should get back to the lab. Director, we must follow protocol.

The Counselor leaves.

Director: Carolina, look at me. You know what needs to be done.

Carolina: I do.

Director: Then do it.

~ Jeff Williams - Fragments ~

Hanger

Freelancer soldiers look for the intruders, while Tex hides in the shadows on the bridge above the soldiers, with spike grenades attached to her back, while she holds two in her hands. She jumps off the railing and lands next to a soldier, attaching a spike grenade to his head as she lands. Tex runs at another soldier, twisting around his body before she attaches another spike grenade to the soldier's neck, making him shoot at him friends around him. She tools away and kicks him towards this friends, the grenade exploding once it reaches them. Tex kicks another soldier in the knee, then throws a spike grenade to his helmet while he's hunched over, sending him to the ground. She turns around and stabs a spike grenade through the head of another soldier, and kicks him away, the grenade exploding as he lands. Tex turns around again and throws two spike grenades at the two soldiers firing at her, nailing them right in the head. The grenades explode, sending them flying away. Tex knocks a shotgun out of another soldier, and attaches a spike grenade to their body while doing so. Tex kicks them away, then turns around to fire at a soldier in their stomach. She shoots at another soldier behind her and rolls away to fire at another soldier. She continues firing at the soldiers, then throws the empty shotgun at a soldier, disorienting him. Tex backdrops towards him, elbowing him in the gut when she reaches him, then stabbing a spike grenade to his helmet. A soldier shoots at her while expulsions happen near her, causing Tex to stumble back. Another explosions sends the one shooting at her flying away. Tex manages to roll out of the way of a rocket, then slaps a spike grenade through two soldiers helmets. Another rocket barely misses her and explodes next to her. She dodges another rocket, and starts to run away from the rockets. She jumps away as one explodes next to her, and continues running. She runs towards another soldier, who fires a rocket at her. She ducks it, rolls to them, then attaches a spike grenade to his crotch. Tex kicks him away to a group of soldiers, exploding in the middle of them, sending them flying. She twists before throwing another spike grenade to a group of soldiers, hitting one in the head, the grenade exploding sending them away. The hanger doors open, revealing South holding a Missile Pod.

South: Think you're so fucking tough, don't you, Texas? Well, let me ask you something: who's the monster now, bitch?

Tex: Aw, shit...

South fires her weapon as Tex dives to the side.

Freelancer Locker Room

Wyoming and two soldiers search for the infiltrators.