Chapter 8: Directions

Third Person P.O.V.
Valhalla

Simmons is seen inside Blue Base, where he sees all the mess of the "project" going on earlier.

Simmons: What the hell is all this stuff?

Donut: Oh, there you are! Did you blow up the base yet?

Simmons: Look at this mess, Donut. It’s like they wrecked the place.

Donut: Oh yeah, that’s Blue Team's project.

Simmons: This is what (L/N) and Caboose have been working on?

Donut: They're trying to rebuild a body for that blue buddy of theirs… eh, looks like a piece is missing though.

Simmons: For the dead guy. Gimme a break. No wonder no one ever wins this war. We’re all doing stuff like building lame robots.

Simmons turns around to see Lopez standing behind him.

Simmons: Oh, hey… Lopez. Uh, I didn’t mean you, I meant other… robots…

Lopez runs off.

Donut: That was kind of racist.

Simmons starts running towards Lopez.

Simmons: That’s not true! I have all kinds of mechanical friends!

Sandtrap

While Caboose, Grif, and Sarge, are talking with the person on the intercom, you looked around to check if there really was mines or if the person was just bluffing.

Intercom: Just… just give me the microphone. Do not under any circumstances move. You have entered an active mine field.

Caboose: Does thinking count as moving. Because if it does, I think I might’ve moved- Up! I did again.

Grif: Shut up, Caboose!

Caboose: Well, I don’t want to get exploded!

Sarge: How do we get outta here?

Intercom: We will guide you out.

Sarge: Great! Let us wait for you to come out here then!

Intercom: What?…no, fuck that, listen! We’re not coming out there, okay? Hang tight. We’re gonna upload the schematics… we’ll be right back. Don’t. Move.

Sarge: Grif! What were you thinking driving us straight into a mine field!?

Grif: Me? You were in the passenger seat. That makes you the navigator!

Sarge: What are you talking about?

Grif: Everybody knows that. You’re in charge of directions!

Sarge: No! The shotgun seat is reserved for the position of respect. And for people who carry shotguns.

Sarge aims his shotgun at Grif.

Sarge: See? *makes a clicking noise* Quid pro quo. Now Grif, here’s the plan. You walk in front of us, very slowly.

Grif: No.

Sarge: If you hear anything that sounds like a small metallic click, or feels like your legs are being blown off, just say, "Found one!"

Grif: No!