Chapter 50: Greenish-Blue With Envy

Valhalla
Present Day

Carolina, along with the Reds and Blues and Team RWBY, park near Red Base. Wash walks up to Carolina as she hops off her Mongoose.

Washington: Pelican's over there. That's where Tex ended up.

Carolina: You mean her body ended up there.

Washington: Right.

Carolina: Show me.

The ex-Freelancers leave for the crash site until Simmons runs up from behind the Red Team warthog.

Simmons: Wait! What about the military? This could all be a trap remember?

Carolina: What are you talking about?

Sarge: Wash told us we were fugitives of the law. Bandits. Cast out by society with no hope of redemption!

Simmons: Yeah, and that the UNSC would be waiting for us when we got back to base!

Carolina turns to Wash.

Washington: It was a possibility...

Carolina: So let me get this straight...

Tucker, along with you and Caboose, call Church over.

Tucker: Psst! Hey Church! Over here!

Church appears in front of you three.

Church: Yeah, hey. Can't talk too long. My connection with Carolina's memory unit's not so good. What's up?

Tucker: Ah, not much, my first time here so I'm just taking it all in. Really enjoying the scenery. What about you?

Church: Well, I mean, yeah, you know, now that you mention it the trees are kinda nice. Especially in comparison with the desolate environment of the sand and the- wait, wait, wait, wait, is that it?!

Tucker: No that's not it! What the fuck are you doing with Carolina?!

Church: Hey, calm down! Turns out she's more complicated than we thought.

(L/N): No shit...

Caboose: Like Monopoly! Or like the board game.

Tucker: Church, just because you want to get close to someone doesn't mean that you have to end up inside them!

All of you look at Tucker.

(L/N): Aren't you going to say it?

Tucker: No, because I'm pissed off!

Church: Alright, alright, look guys. I'm still on your side, okay? But if Carolina is hiding something, I'm going to have to stay close to her in order to find it. See, proximity is the key.

Tucker: I thought memory was the key?

Caboose: Yeah, and the sword. The sword is the key too!

Tucker: Caboose, shut up!

Church: Hey, I gotta go. We'll talk later.

Church vanishes.

(L/N): You know, we should probably get a key ring.

Back with Simmons and Carolina, they go over what to do.

Simmons: So are you guys going to give us something to do?

Carolina: Just sit tight. In fact, don't do anything. At all.