Chapter 24: Fourth and Twenty

Sandtrap

Caboose is standing on top of a tall rock, being harassed by the aliens below. Tucker is standing off to the side.

Caboose: Go away, bad aliens! Shoo aliens shoo! Rolled up newspaper!

Tucker: Maybe you should have thought about that before you lost their all-powerful deity.

Caboose: I didn't lose him, he left! Or maybe he lost himself. Or maybe the Reds and (L/N) took him! I don't-

One of the aliens shoots Caboose in the side.

Caboose: Ow! Stop that!

Tucker: Well, until they come back, the aliens need somebody to blame. Better you than me man.

Caboose: Tucker, help me!

Tucker: Yeah, dude, I don't know. I don't really wanna get in between an angry mob and their religious iconography. And I should know, I used to date an Italian girl.

Caboose: But he's not really a god, it's all made up! You know that!

The aliens turn toward Tucker.

Tucker: Whoa dude, I don't know shit! That sounds like straight up blasphemy. You guys gonna put up with this shit?

Alien: Blarg.

Tucker: I know dude, that's what I'm saying. Took the blarg right out of my mouth.

Caboose: Tucker? They're going to eat me!

Tucker: Caboose shut the fuck up, they're not gonna eat you. They're just gonna persecute you and kill you, stop being such a baby.

Sarge approaches them.

Caboose: Look, the Reds, they're back. And they have your worshippy guy.

Tucker: What? Sarge...

Sarge: Hey Blue, we're back.

Tucker: Hey Sarge, where's (L/N)? Did he go with you guys?

Sarge: Yeah, he followed us to Valhalla. Once we got here, he said he was going to show Team RWBY something that might interest them. Oh yeah! Got Simmons and Team RWBY too. Where's the water can? Oh also you got any more spare jeeps around here? I don't wanna get into it, but we've identified a tactical weakness in the hood of the current models. Oh uh, what're you guys doing? Killin' Caboose? That's cool.

Caboose: There he is! He is the one who took Church! Get him.

The aliens turn towards Sarge.

Alien: Blarg? Blarg.

Sarge: Ruh-roh.

You walk inside the temple as Team RWBY follows you. As you walk, Blake wonders why she can now use her cat ears to hear the conversation between Tucker, Caboose, and Sarge, but her cat ears didn't work in Valhalla.

(L/N): It's inside here.

Ruby: So, what did you want to show us?

(L/N): Something.

Yang: Seriously, you're going to be cryptic again? Why can't you tell us now?

(L/N): Because if I did, it would ruin the surprise.

Weiss: Actually, I think we've had enough surprises already. Last time we got one, Donut and Lopez died.

(L/N): Don't worry, this one you should be able to handle.