Chapter 29: Bound for Rescue

Start from the beginning

"I think you've finished your lightsaber. Doesn't mean you know how to use it." Katooni replied.

"Well, if you hurry up with yours, maybe we could find out." Petro smirked.

Gungi and Byph ignited their lightsaber, Katooni attenpted to ignite hers as well. Unfortunately, it didn't activate.

"I'll finish mine when I'm ready." Katooni said.

Petro, Byph, and Gungi turned off their lightsabers and sat down.

"Seeing as how our rescue party has forgotten us, you'll have plenty of time, Katooni." Petro said.

"Have patience, Petro." Darrel said.

"They probably just got delayed." Katooni said.

"Delayed?" Petro asked. "Ahsoka needs our help, and we're sitting around like children."

"We are children." Katooni replied.

"So what do you propose, Petro?" Darrel asked.

"I vote we mount a rescue mission." Petro replied.

Gungi growled in agreement.

"Gungi is with me. What about you, Byph?" Petro said.

Byph chirped in agreement.

"What about you, Darrel?" Petro asked.

"Since Cody hasn't arrived, I'll go as well." Darrel replied.

"That's four votes for and--" was all Petro said until Katooni interrupted.

"One against." Katooni said.

Then Zatt and Ganodi entered the room.

"Perfect timing." Petro said.

"There's a problem with the ship." Ganodi said.

"What kind of problem?" Katooni asked.

"Breaking away from the pirate ship ruptured the entire filtering system." Zatt replied.

"That's not good." Darrel said.

"What does that mean?" Petro asked.

"It means she's venting coolant, and if we don't land soon, the engines will explode." Zatt replied.

"We'll have to land and let the system reset." Darrel suggested.

"Then it's settled. If we stay out here we'll die. We go to Florrum, let the engines cool, and rescue Ahsoka." Petro said.

Meanwhile at the pirate stronghold, Ahsoka was detained in the bar. Hondo circled around Ahsoka with a very sharp vibroblade.

"You know the Republic won't pay a random for me, and the Separatists can't be trusted, Hondo. They'll betray you and kill us both." Ahsoka said.

"Yes, I know this, my dear. The Separatists are no friends of mine." Hondo replied.

"And why is that?" Ahsoka asked.

"Dooku holds such a grudge against me since our little I held him hostage affair." Hondo replied.

"So what are you going to with me? Just keep me for yourself?" Ahsoka asked.

"The truth is, I have my sights set on more nefarious criminals than I, a businessman who will pay handsomely for a Jedi-- a female Jedi at that." Hondo replied.